P1000 tires would not roll when needed them the most

jocojonson

jocojonson

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
midland mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi every one quick ? I had my pioneer stuck yesterday and when I tried to winch it out the tire's would not spin. I had in low plus diff lock. it acted as if it was in neutral when I would release the winch it would work again.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure what you are describing, if your asking when you got stuck the tires would not roll/turn with the trans in neutral when winching, then released the winch, then the tire turned/ rolled when winching. My guess is when you got stuck there was still a load on the drive train, causing it not go into neutral. Just like you shift in and out of diff lock/ turf mode. Hope that helps.

jocojonson

jocojonson

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
midland mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
when I would tighten the cable give it little gas the tires would start to dig an then it would go like into neutral.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK now I understand, sorry I don't have a answer, I agree with you, you should be able to use winch and engine to get out.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So the engine would rev up like giving it gas in neutral or park or was the engine loaded?

jocojonson

jocojonson

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
midland mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had about 30 degree angle trying turn it around I hate say it good thing my buddy was there with his can am drag my ass out.

jocojonson

jocojonson

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2016
midland mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
after I got pulled out every thing work as normal.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
yes it did

That is probably your problem then. If you don't have adequate oil pressure, the clutch will not hold and it will be in neutral.

Check all of your grounds and your oil level (make sure you do it the "Honda way" per the manual).

If that is all good, then you should take it back for warranty service.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also check your winch wiring as wyodlr mentioned above. If it isn't wired/grounded correctly it may be doing the same thing and pulling power away from the oil pump.

But I am not an expert on the wiring or anything. I just noticed that a large percentage of the time when someone comes on here and says they got stuck and the wheels won't turn, their oil pressure light comes on and so far everyone that has reported back with the oil pressure light on has found a loose ground.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As others have mentioned it sounds like a ground issue, but could also be low voltage if you had made several winch attempts. I haven't checked my service manual to see what the required volt range at the oil pressure switch(s) is to keep the clutches activated. The oil pump is engine driven so low voltage won't affect it's operation.

Reactions: jocojonson
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your voltage drops below 12.5 the transmission will not engage properly

Reactions: sharp
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had about 30 degree angle trying turn it around I hate say it good thing my buddy was there with his can am drag my ass out.

Is it possible he was tilted far enough that the oil ran to one side?

Reactions: jocojonson

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!