Tn, Ga, Al members

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
So I've seen a few rides posted in northern Alabama and was curious if and how many of yall have rode at these places. There are 2 upcoming rides in northern Alabama and would like to know what the riding & trails are like. @joeymt33 @Delton, I dont know any another ppl from Alabama or close to bama.

Screenshot 20171028 114629 Screenshot 20171028 114515

Reactions: knuckledeep
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hale Mt is a long way for a day ride for me.

Busted Knuckle I hear is really good but only open for events.

I’m walking out door to go ride at TopTrails right now.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I have heard of Top Trails and am curious about it. With winter coming that might be a lot warmer in November than Brimstone and the others in NE TN. What is the topography like at TT and is it worth doing a long weekend there? I see they have some camp sites now and have been pondering.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have heard of Top Trails and am curious about it. With winter coming that might be a lot warmer in November than Brimstone and the others in NE TN. What is the topography like at TT and is it worth doing a long weekend there? I see they have some camp sites now and have been pondering.

You can ride the whole park in a day, some hills some mud. Maybe 200’ of elevation change. You could hit TopTrails, StoneyLonesome, and The Ridge in a weekend.

Maybe get Hale Mt or Chocoloco as well.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
My
You can ride the whole park in a day, some hills some mud. Maybe 200’ of elevation change. You could hit TopTrails, StoneyLonesome, and The Ridge in a weekend.

Maybe get Hale Mt or Chocoloco as well.

Thanks for the insight.

My issue would be I need a motorhome camp site that's not muddy, foods not a big deal since I have food etc.. but breaking camp at days end because a park does not have overnight can be an issue so I am trying to sort out where to land. I would prefer to find a larger riding area worthy of a few days out. One nice thing about eastern TN or HMT is the vastness of it all, it's just that winter sucks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My

Thanks for the insight.

My issue would be I need a motorhome camp site that's not muddy, foods not a big deal since I have food etc.. but breaking camp at days end because a park does not have overnight can be an issue so I am trying to sort out where to land. I would prefer to find a larger riding area worthy of a few days out. One nice thing about eastern TN or HMT is the vastness of it all, it's just that winter sucks.

TopTrails has nice paved sites and Stoney has gravel sites with hookups.

Nothing down (LA/MS/AL/GA/FL) here compares to the vastness of the North TN trail systems. I think a cab maybe on your list if you want to ride comfortably in the winter there.

Reactions: nbomar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to go through New Market AL all the time heading to dragstrip in Huntsville. Didn't know they even had a ohv park lol. Got the best BBQ ribs place on the planet.
My stepson lives in Stevenson. He told me he thought sxs's had been prohibited due to people refusing to wear helmets. He wasn't 100% sure that was reliable info though, so may want to check first.
I'm down for either if I can get away.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone rode around gatlinburg area? Going to spend a week there for Xmas and trying to decide if it’s worth it to haul the rig. I’ve heard there are gravel trails you can ride on to go see sites around town....

@drfubar @Delton @JACKAL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Windrock1000
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone rode around gatlinburg area? Going to spend a week there for Xmas and trying to decide if it’s worth it to haul the rig. I’ve heard there are gravel trails you can ride on to go see sites around town....

@drfubar @Delton @JACKAL

Street legal and you can drive around town, also able to drive through the National Park. Even the 11 mile Cades Cove loop.

Last edited:
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I'm around the Fort Payne area....

advertisement
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
We took a trip in April to Windrock then to Gatlinburg. Didn't get the SXS's out in town but they were everywhere. All the ones I saw were tagged, turn signals, horn, etc that were from local rental companies.

Reactions: ohanacreek
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
FYI.... Bucks Pocket State Park in Grove Oak/Guntersville closed several months back and I heard there were state funds in place to open an ORV park. Last I heard it was supposed to open this fall but was down there a few weeks ago and looked deserted. Anyone else heard any info on this?

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@drfubar @Delton @JACKAL

Call the Gatlinburg Police Dept is my suggestion. They rent SXS in Gatlinburg so I would say yes for the city. The park is a whole different question- you have to use state Hwy 441... TN law says no the Hwys with numbers unless special exemptions!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

@drfubar @Delton @JACKAL

WV is really not that far...lower tip of the Hatfield McCoy trails

advertisement