P1000 To Bead or Not to Bead

CSmock

CSmock

Lifetime Member
May 24, 2023
Kodak, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking to upgrade to 15 inch wheels and LT tires (same size all around) with the wide track bundle. Most of my riding is country roads and working on my property. It appears to be difficult to find a 15 inch wheel with 0 offset that isn't beadlock. Don't mind paying a lil more for beadlocks and would like the liberty to air down when riding at Windrock, etc. Would you all have any concerns running beadlocks on county roads on a regular basis with speeds of about 50 mph???

Chad

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Not really needed for LTs on country roads, but no issues at all running them.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Note that beadlocks aren't DOT approved in many places. I like mine but I can't plate here so DOT isn't necessary for me. I've run well over 50 in the desert regularly and desert racers aren't shy about exceeding 50 on BLs. :eek:

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looking to upgrade to 15 inch wheels and LT tires (same size all around) with the wide track bundle. Most of my riding is country roads and working on my property. It appears to be difficult to find a 15 inch wheel with 0 offset that isn't beadlock. Don't mind paying a lil more for beadlocks and would like the liberty to air down when riding at Windrock, etc. Would you all have any concerns running beadlocks on county roads on a regular basis with speeds of about 50 mph???

Chad
Nope, no problem at all!
Hammer down and send it! Ive had this set up for years and no problems with that

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

Chad
I run bead locks on paved roads all the time. Speeds in the 70’s occasionally

advertisement