To buy, or not to buy? 2009 Big Red 680 with 600 miles

midway

midway

Nov 6, 2021
utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
Hello, All. I stumbled upon a 2009 Big Red 680 with only 600 miles on it. Camo, windshield, lift kit, warn winch, gun racks, custom wheels and bigger tires, digital dash, snowplow, etc. It's been garaged since new. Would this be a wise purchase, or should I run in the other direction? I've heard about transmission issues, etc. Their ask is $7k. My usage is light utility hauling on the homestead, and local ATV trails in the evenings. I may add snow tracks for our long winters if the transmission is up to the task.

BTW, I'm new to the world of Honda SXS after having spent my youth on Honda 3-wheelers at Dumont. I still miss my 250r, 185s, and especially our little 70! Just about everything I own is Honda, from my mower, and snow blower to my pressure washer and generator. A Honda SXS just seems like a logical next step!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayger143 and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Utah - save up and buy a Talon. :p

Reactions: PJ1 and Rayger143
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It’s on the dead end spur to Mexican Mountain off of Buckhorn Draw.

To be fair, if you have width restrictions where you want to ride, I’m at 70” and would be limited by that.

Reactions: Rayger143
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
If your serious about tracks consider somthing else.
It's low miles but old, the age may start affecting reliability.
The big red is no ball of fire, it's big, ugly and slow.
Functionally they have all the right parts, front and rear diff with locks if I remember right.

If I saw a clean one I would consider adding it to my collection, but I tend to collect a lot of orphaned junk.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!