P700 took my 2016 700-2 in for warranty work today

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought it last December. The drivers side headlight burnt out in April with about 400 miles on it. I went to buy a new bulb but they didn't have any. Their remedy was to let me remove one from a new unit and sell it to me at full price. Not the best way to get a new bulb, but I did it and didn't touch the glass getting it out or putting it in. It lasted all of maybe 3 days until the glass shattered on it while still firmly attached in the housing. I went back to the dealer and told them about it, they suggested bringing in the entire rig so they could check voltage, but they still didn't have any headlight bulbs in stock.
I put off doing anything until about a week ago when I noticed the right front tire was really wearing bad on the outside with about 1100 miles on it now.
I took it by the dealer, they had a young kid look at it and he decided the voltage regulator is bad because it's charging over 13.5 volts. He also confirmed the tire wear and told me that would be taken care of under warranty most likely. They had to order parts and set me up an appointment.
Fast forward to today, I've put an extra 250 miles on it, the right front outer edge is nearly bald, and every other lug on the inside is nearly gone. Today when I dropped it off the service manager looked at it and acted like the tires were going to be a non warranty issue. He didn't seem to have any idea about the light bulb issue.
I've never had a new machine with a warranty and I've never taken an older machine in for repairs. I'm seriously doubting the ability of these guys to get anything fixed or taken care of under warranty.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry about your troubles. The p700 has been super reliable for just about everyone.

Do you have another dealer close?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I bought it last December. The drivers side headlight burnt out in April with about 400 miles on it. I went to buy a new bulb but they didn't have any. Their remedy was to let me remove one from a new unit and sell it to me at full price. Not the best way to get a new bulb, but I did it and didn't touch the glass getting it out or putting it in. It lasted all of maybe 3 days until the glass shattered on it while still firmly attached in the housing. I went back to the dealer and told them about it, they suggested bringing in the entire rig so they could check voltage, but they still didn't have any headlight bulbs in stock.
I put off doing anything until about a week ago when I noticed the right front tire was really wearing bad on the outside with about 1100 miles on it now.
I took it by the dealer, they had a young kid look at it and he decided the voltage regulator is bad because it's charging over 13.5 volts. He also confirmed the tire wear and told me that would be taken care of under warranty most likely. They had to order parts and set me up an appointment.
Fast forward to today, I've put an extra 250 miles on it, the right front outer edge is nearly bald, and every other lug on the inside is nearly gone. Today when I dropped it off the service manager looked at it and acted like the tires were going to be a non warranty issue. He didn't seem to have any idea about the light bulb issue.
I've never had a new machine with a warranty and I've never taken an older machine in for repairs. I'm seriously doubting the ability of these guys to get anything fixed or taken care of under warranty.
That sounds like some terrible customer service! Express your dissatisfaction with the experience and inform them you have shared your experience and will be contacting Honda concerning the problem. Good luck!

Road Warrior

Road Warrior

Aug 12, 2013
Palestine, IL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I picked up the pioneer this afternoon, the headlight bulb was replaced and the voltage regulator. I haven't had a chance to check the voltage on it yet.
They told me it has too many miles on it to do anything about the tires. Everyone there is new except the parts man and I told him I was very disgusted about the tire issue. He told me to call Honda and b**** even though it probably won't do any good.
Supposedly the adjusted the toe in on it, I haven't drove it to know if it drives any different but I'll do all of that tomorrow. I think I'll rotate all the tires too, I'll run them backwards for a while and see what happens. It sure can't hurt anything.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know the factory tires for me were not the best for me and I changed them out about 800 miles. The fronts were about 3/4 of the way worn down but the rears were about 1/2. We live in a small town and use it alot to run around town in. The pavement just chewed the heck out of the fronts without turf mode like the new 1000 has.

H

HondaTech

Honda does consider tires to be a wear item, check your warranty booklet. But if you have records of contacting someone early enough, and they did nothing about it, then they may do something about the issue since it was a factory alignment problem. I've had several 700's with alignments out of wack from the factory.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
I have a volt meter on mine. It shows 14.2 volts when running.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
14 volts is a healthy charging system on every other machine I've worked on. I'd imagine that's true with the pioneers as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!