P1000 Top speed

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
Can anyone confirm the top speed/speed limiter? I've heard 63-64 and in one post someone mentioned 65 with 4 adults in it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can anyone confirm the top speed/speed limiter? I've heard 63-64 and in one post someone mentioned 65 with 4 adults in it.

We have been told the top speed will be 63 MPH limited electronically, Honda however does not advertise top speed or HP numbers so there is no written verification other than seat of the pants demo rides of pre production machines which have been reported to run 65 MPH as you have already stated.

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I'm sure there isn't many people right now that can confirm anything about a product that hasn't made it to the dealers yet. It would be nice to hear 65 - 70 mph.

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
I'm sure there isn't many people right now that can confirm anything about a product that hasn't made it to the dealers yet. It would be nice to hear 65 - 70 mph.
Someone knows! Lol figured someone at one of theses demos have atleast got it to the limiter or atleast had one of the reps confirm it. Anyway it's nice to know it will atleast run 60 couple! Be nice to run highway speeds on secondary roads and not have to pull over to let a 85 year old blue haired grandma go by like in the p700-4!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone knows! Lol figured someone at one of theses demos have atleast got it to the limiter or atleast had one of the reps confirm it. Anyway it's nice to know it will atleast run 60 couple! Be nice to run highway speeds on secondary roads and not have to pull over to let a 85 year old blue haired grandma go by like in the p700-4!
I drove it and was told 65 by the rep. I was doing 35 in 3rd high with 4 . So I would assume 60 plus since there's 3 more gears.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's awesome to see! Thank you for the inspiration

advertisement
ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not trying to cause any trouble but why are so many people worried about top speed in a utility type buggy?? 60 or 65 who cares??
All the other brands build a go fast jump high type buggy, maybe folks should look at them??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
it's nice for some of us that have family members that go with them and more than a cooler to be able to go 55 or over in between the trails with something that will do everything and get us back home without breaking down. The pioneer 1000 will absolutely do it all! It'll work it's ass off around the farm and Never-break going on to the trails never-break go hunting the Never-break take your families all around the bushes so I guess some of us are excited to have one vehicle that does it all

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not trying to cause any trouble but why are so many people worried about top speed in a utility type buggy?? 60 or 65 who cares??
All the other brands build a go fast jump high type buggy, maybe folks should look at them??

It's the capability to do so, not that you'll need it 99% of the time, but that 1% you do you'll be glad you can.

Also if it would only run 45 it would really start falling off in power about 35 so realistically if it will run 66 it should cruise at 50 REALLY well.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes REALLY well!!

Duane

Duane

May 15, 2015
St. George Utah
it's nice for some of us that have family members that go with them and more than a cooler to be able to go 55 or over in between the trails with something that will do everything and get us back home without breaking down. The pioneer 1000 will absolutely do it all! It'll work it's ass off around the farm and Never-break going on to the trails never-break go hunting the Never-break take your families all around the bushes so I guess some of us are excited to have one vehicle that does it all
my moto is safety first and formost. most of my riding is at high alltitudes 9-10k feet above, fishing and 60-100 miles away from my recreation property. I traded my 2014 polaris xp900 ranger , a very capable machine, for the best machine ever. the p1k-5. i get mine this saturday. my point is now i wont have to carry around a tool box and extra belt and airfilter just in case i break down on a fishing trip. This machine like cumminspusher said. "one vehicle that does it all[/QUOTE]

E

Everett

Oct 13, 2015
I checked top speed on mine this weekend. Speedo says 66 mph, but gps is 61 mph.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So it sounds like we have to run 30's to get the top speed and speedo to line up

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!