Multi Toy Hauler -- Anybody use one with the Pioneer's

J

JTW

I never have understood why success draws so much negative attention while mediocrity is widely accepted. Dave Ramsey is good but thanks to Trump my index fund is killing it. Move your money there and you'll be getting a new Prevost with a stacker to pull behind.
Amen.. it’s the scourge of our modern society! When did it become a bad thing to be successful!!? I embrace those that are and do and I want to learn from it and emulate it. I just don’t get the negativity!

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
"I have a heartland cyclone and my Pioneer 1000 fits in the back just fine. 28" tires but the rest is stock."

Some of the newer Cyclones have more headroom in the garage than the older ones. Mine is a 2011 and because of the brackets under the lower bunk and the height of that bunk I had only 66" of clearance for a 78 inch high pioneer. Hence the mod that I did that allows the bottom bunk/benches to swing down and hang to the sides. $400 in parts beat $78K for a new toyhauler so I could get the Pioneer in it.

And Dave Ramsey's programs and the market are two different things. His philosophy is to manage your money so that you are not in debt your entire life and trying to pay off vehicle loans, home loans and credit cards. Investing in the market comes after you have accomplished the above or by taking advantage of your employer's matching programs.

My investments look great too and while a good part of it is the current market (even with the correction going on) It also has to do with the fact that we do not buy on credit or have credit cards and our money is in several managed IRAs that, even without today's market have shown very nice increases.

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I’m not rich guys. Far from it. I do want a new diesel pusher but I don’t know when I’ll get it. If our company has another good year this year, maybe next year or the year after I’ll be ready.

P.s if you guys had lived on the damn dave Ramsey plan for the past 18 months, you could be as miserable about money as I am. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not new, but well kept and I know the folks that are selling it ....

Our Holiday Rambler 2008 40PDQ Is For Sale!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I’m not rich guys. Far from it. I do want a new diesel pusher but I don’t know when I’ll get it. If our company has another good year this year, maybe next year or the year after I’ll be ready.

P.s if you guys had lived on the damn dave Ramsey plan for the past 18 months, you could be as miserable about money as I am. Lol.

I feel your pain, being in my second year of starting a business in health care. I keep telling myself its gonna get better but I may be delusional.

Reactions: JTW and Ragnar406
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is not new, but well kept and I know the folks that are selling it ....

Our Holiday Rambler 2008 40PDQ Is For Sale!

Looks like a nice rig. Doesn’t meet my needs. My wife is hard set on bunk beds. I’m hard set on not taking on more debt. We are at an impass right now.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel your pain, being in my second year of starting a business in health care. I keep telling myself its gonna get better but I may be delusional.

The first 5 years are terror. My advice is if your company makes any money don’t touch it... build a huge “emergency fund” at some point the market usually swings and if you’ve been milking the company dry it can’t sustain. We made some big mistakes up front on ours and I’m glad we survived the downturn. It was a VERY scary two years.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and JTW
J

JTW

The first 5 years are terror. My advice is if your company makes any money don’t touch it... build a huge “emergency fund” at some point the market usually swings and if you’ve been milking the company dry it can’t sustain. We made some big mistakes up front on ours and I’m glad we survived the downturn. It was a VERY scary two years.

That should be applied to everyone and everything!!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

That's the plan, but it sucks lol!

Reactions: JTW and nbomar
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking about seeing if mine will fit now. It used before the larger tires. We will see soon.
20180616 153241

Reactions: Remington
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about seeing if mine will fit now. It used before the larger tires. We will see soon.View attachment 81299

C-fab a-arms with 3in built in lift 2.5 HL lift on 32s had to raise my bottom bed 8in and top 2in but it worked. Sad thing is I took the 2.5 HL lift off just didn't like how binded the axles were. (in the pic you can see I raised the bed and its leaning I was just fitting I came back and made it straight and tight.

IMG 1308
IMG 1310

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
C-fab a-arms with 3in built in lift 2.5 HL lift on 32s had to raise my bottom bed 8in and top 2in but it worked. Sad thing is I took the 2.5 HL lift off just didn't like how binded the axles were. (in the pic you can see I raised the bed and its leaning I was just fitting I came back and made it straight and tight.

View attachment 81308 View attachment 81309
Nice setup!!

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hoghead, I don't know if you saw my post concerning the mod to the lower bunk setup on the HappiJac but the mod (about $400) allows the each side of the lower bunk to be dropped to the side giving about a foot more of head room. I could not get my 2016 in without taking the lower bunk completely off of the rails and setting them on the side. The mod hinges them on the rail and they can be unhinged and lowered while remaining attached to the rail. See post #29 and 31. 29 is my rig before the mod. 31 is the mod that I did. I love it.

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hoghead, I don't know if you saw my post concerning the mod to the lower bunk setup on the HappiJac but the mod (about $400) allows the each side of the lower bunk to be dropped to the side give about a foot more of head room. I could not get my 2016 in without taking the lower bunk completely off of the rails and setting them on the side. The mod hinges them on the rail and they can be unhinged and lowered while remaining attached to the rail. See post #29 and 31. 29 is my rig before the mod. 31 is the mod that I did. I love it.

Do you have the part numbers you had to buy? I have a friend that needs to make this mod to their Torque

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Contact HappiJac at their Utah office and they can send you an updated list. This list is about a year old so prices may have changed. Also they were working on another mod that was supposed to be less expensive but I don't know if they ever completed that one.

Well, I just tried to upload the Word Doc and it would not let me do that. Send me a PM with your email address.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking TH, but decided against it as I like to go fishing too. I tow my 7x14 Aluminum stealth trailer behind my 35’ Fiver.

I tow the boat behind when not off-roading.

Something to consider if you are in a n area where towing double is legal.

05C82E7B 6912 443E 9648 9D798BC1528A

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
J

JTW

I was thinking TH, but decided against it as I like to go fishing too. I tow my 7x14 Aluminum stealth trailer behind my 35’ Fiver.

I tow the boat behind when not off-roading.

Something to consider if you are in a n area where towing double is legal.

View attachment 81365
Good lord... you a truck driver?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good lord... you a truck driver?

Officially no. Just an old farm kid from SD.

It’s pretty common to tow doubles in SD especially if you have a boat. I’m legal at just under 65’ tip to tail. Towing doubles laws vary state to state. Most in the Midwest allow it provided the 1st trailer is a Fiver.

You definitely have to pay attention.

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hoghead, I don't know if you saw my post concerning the mod to the lower bunk setup on the HappiJac but the mod (about $400) allows the each side of the lower bunk to be dropped to the side giving about a foot more of head room. I could not get my 2016 in without taking the lower bunk completely off of the rails and setting them on the side. The mod hinges them on the rail and they can be unhinged and lowered while remaining attached to the rail. See post #29 and 31. 29 is my rig before the mod. 31 is the mod that I did. I love it.
Hi Lynn1130 I saw your mod of the HappiJac. My have to do that when I put lift on. For now I have 3in of clearance
But thank for the advice need all I can get. Will keep that on the to-do-list.
Hope the see you on the trails sometime.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!