Multi Toyhaulers

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pam and i have been looking at everyone elses combination when we go ride with this group. The toy haulers just didn't offer what we wanted unless we got the larger one like @nbomar has. i would have had to buy a new truck.The existing TT we had we loved but I could not tow my machine. So this will hopefully be the best fit for us. So @nbomar ,@my99svt ,I guess we need to plan a Ride soon so we can try it out!!

I’m envious. We looked at motor homes and found one we liked. Then misty and the girls said they wanted a pool. I told them they can’t have both. So we got a pool... we will get one once the girls are older and figure out wether they want to continue going camping with us or they are out. If they want to keep going we get a bunk model if not, it’ll be a big king in back and that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This will sleep 6 adults pretty easy. But im hoping it makes so I can tow my machine behind. Plus i already have a nice flatbed car hauler.

You could tow 2 behind it I’m pretty sure. On a 18-20ft trailer. Make for a great trip vs driving a truck and having to haul it all.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They make a bunch of cargo conversions if your wanting a gill bath with a tub and stuff thoses are not for you they do have seperate bathrooms.you need to decide what your looking for. Look at the raptor toy haulers they have a fueling station built in to gas your toys. Fisher atv world has one and did a video on it

Full bath meaning shower and toilet, no tub.

Looking at XLR Boost 36DSX13 at lunch to get an idea.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Full bath meaning shower and toilet, no tub.

Looking at XLR Boost 36DSX13 at lunch to get an idea.
Got ya those come with showers and bath some are not bad others i saw today super fancy just depends on budget

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I just purchased a Spartan 1245. Our Honda just squeaked in the garage. I am currently looking at tow vehicles. Will hopefully get one next spring/summer. Wife has a bucket list of places she wants to travel too.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I just purchased a Spartan 1245. Our Honda just squeaked in the garage. I am currently looking at tow vehicles. Will hopefully get one next spring/summer. Wife has a bucket list of places she wants to travel too.

@Tigermark which spartan do you have? I know you Tow yours with a 2500.

Reactions: knuckledeep
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tigermark which spartan do you have? I know you Tow yours with a 2500.

Mine is a triple axle, 15,5 empty. Looking at used under cdl medium duty trucks. Was going to go huge volvo with sleeper, just don’t feel like getting my cdl right now.

Reactions: knuckledeep
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Using a truck with a sleeper to haul a camper is like wearing a condom after a vasectomy!
If it has a sleeper and a few other pieces, it can be registered as a RV.
Ohio says an RV can’t have a fifth wheel, so I would have to register it in Ontario. So for now I will go under CDL and play it safe, day cab single axle. Under $15,000. Will pull trailer without issue.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 2608

J

JTW

If it has a sleeper and a few other pieces, it can be registered as a RV.
Ohio says an RV can’t have a fifth wheel, so I would have to register it in Ontario. So for now I will go under CDL and play it safe, day cab single axle. Under $15,000. Will pull trailer without issue.
Very disappointed in you!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just did this. Going to use the flatbed I already have.View attachment 564708k towing capacity
Hoping to make the trail rides easier
I believe this is the route I want to go as well, went window shopping the other day and honestly am just sick of hauling trailers. No matter what they tow like crap, away in the wind....maybe I’m just spoiled my my big truck. 80k lbs and pulls better than no trailer at all because it’s designed for it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The wife and I have considered jumping into RV ownership, towing large trailers is nothing new, but never owned an RV.

There are only 100,000 choices.

Got a couple of questions.

What manufacturers should we avoid like the plague?
What features should we look for as standard?
Looking at a 5th Wheel F-350 SRW towable, can a shortbed tow a 5th Wheel? I’ve seen offset gooseneck adapters but that seems dangerous.

My 2 cents from owning a few and hauling / seeing everything made.

The Heartland Cyclone series and now Weekend Warrior ( Heartland bought them a few years back) are pretty well built. I lived in my 2015 Cyclone 4200 for 8 solid months probably 20 years worth of camping use. Had a Cyclone 3950 for 5 years before that. Never an issue with 3950, the 4200 wore out a few $30 parts fans etc, overall held up perfect.

Get one with:

60" residential tub/ shower many offered in this now.

Residential refrigerator and freeze with ice maker, the latter being a big deal when needing ice in the boonies.

Garage, I highly recommend a 13' or longer garage and after having 2 with a 2nd bathroom (we never used) takes up valuable garage or storage space.

The Jayco models seem on my observation to have QC issues in manufacturing, it's the little stuff that mucks up vacations. Seen several brand new with stuff not right before dealer even saw it.

IF I was to get another Toyhauler it would have an 18' garage to put both P1k & P500 ( or motorcycle & ATV) inside.

Personally I am going to a Super C motor home, and tow an enclosed 28' trailer with 9' height inside. This will let me take P1K, P500, Talon, or substitute Jeep Rubicon for one of the big SXS. All in for the price of a nice Toyhauler could have had the motor home and trailer.

Looking at this mainly....

New 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C

At 36' allowed in all national parks. Something to consider outside riding destinations.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My 2 cents from owning a few and hauling / seeing everything made.

The Heartland Cyclone series and now Weekend Warrior ( Heartland bought them a few years back) are pretty well built. I lived in my 2015 Cyclone 4200 for 8 solid months probably 20 years worth of camping use. Had a Cyclone 3950 for 5 years before that. Never an issue with 3950, the 4200 wore out a few $30 parts fans etc, overall held up perfect.

Get one with:

60" residential tub/ shower many offered in this now.

Residential refrigerator and freeze with ice maker, the latter being a big deal when needing ice in the boonies.

Garage, I highly recommend a 13' or longer garage and after having 2 with a 2nd bathroom (we never used) takes up valuable garage or storage space.

The Jayco models seem on my observation to have QC issues in manufacturing, it's the little stuff that mucks up vacations. Seen several brand new with stuff not right before dealer even saw it.

IF I was to get another Toyhauler it would have an 18' garage to put both P1k & P500 ( or motorcycle & ATV) inside.

Personally I am going to a Super C motor home, and tow an enclosed 28' trailer with 9' height inside. This will let me take P1K, P500, Talon, or substitute Jeep Rubicon for one of the big SXS. All in for the price of a nice Toyhauler could have had the motor home and trailer.

Looking at this mainly....

New 2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C

At 36' allowed in all national parks. Something to consider outside riding destinations.

I agree with you @JACKAL but the Super C is a little out of my $ range. I' going to try and get by with this for a few years.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!