Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I agree with you @JACKAL but the Super C is a little out of my $ range. I' going to try and get by with this for a few years.
I get it, especially if truck is paid for, but a $70K truck and $70K Toyhauler costs the same as the MH & enclosed trailer option. Then you have mobile workspace in trailer if needed.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FYI pretty much industry standard markup is 38% to 40%

A nice Toyhauler rocking a $105K MSRP cost the dealer about $67K.

The really top end is MSRP around $125K they are about $76K

The low end units at $45K MSRP costs are about $23K

A new trend and a smart one by Camping worlds they order without the $5000 Cumming Onan 5500 watt generators. Instead they push the 3000 watt Honda genset for half that. Unless you intend to boondock a lot, makes much more sense and less maintenance to use full hookup campground electric and a generator occasionally that can be used elsewhere too.

PS I WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT buy a camping world RV.

Best price around anywhere in USA is Holman RV in Batavia, OH (Cincinnati). They typically advertise about 30-35% off MSRP and are not high pressure piss you off types.

Toy Haulers | Holman RV | Batavia Ohio

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with @JACKAL on almost all that. My differences are you couldn’t talk me into a residential fridge if you live anywhere you have to winterize... can’t winterize a residential fridge. They just aren’t made for that. Also the Road Warrior line and the cyclone line are very very similar usually it’s a decor and several options difference. Both made by heartland from the same factory. If you can buy a one year old model usually someone has worked out all the little issues that come up with almost all new haulers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I agree with you @JACKAL but the Super C is a little out of my $ range. I' going to try and get by with this for a few years.
Actually not true on Heartland models, under the residential fridge slide out is a 3 way valve you hook up air hose at 30 psi blow out all water from ice maker lines until it's all air then remove the filter in fridge, it's all good. Even a secondary cut off to that line under the kitchen sink.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I get it, especially if truck is paid for, but a $70K truck and $70K Toyhauler costs the same as the MH & enclosed trailer option. Then you have mobile workspace in trailer if needed.

Covered work space when it's late and cold out has a lot to recommend...
Also I like the idea of having the toys out of sight while traveling (open trailer works but not my favorite).

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually not true on Heartland models, under the residential fridge slide out is a 3 way valve you hook up air hose at 30 psi blow out all water from ice maker lines until it's all air then remove the filter in fridge, it's all good. Even a secondary cut off to that line under the kitchen sink.

You’re the first to ever tell me this. I’ve got several friends who have these and I’m on several forums. Be good if they were all like that. I still like my dual fuel fridge. I picked mine up from storage tonight and noticed the electrical cord in storage had barely pulled itself out of the connector. Not sure how long it’s been that way but luckily, the propane kicked on and kept all the food good and nothing rancid to clean out.

Reactions: Tramguage1
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thinking outside the norm, there are some REALLY nice all aluminum horse trailers with living quarters, in general from a few I looked over and delivered have more than double the quality in overall construction, but even all aluminum are heavy SOB but you have a solid aluminum roof, not rubber and plywood. With removing a few panels could have a 22' garage and 22' living area. There was one I loved and really considered until I opened the paper work to verify VIN and get keys. MSRP on that one was $280K delivered directly to a nice horse farm in Lexington KY.

Not all are that expensive but have a roof you NEVER have to mess with is worth the consideration.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You’re the first to ever tell me this. I’ve got several friends who have these and I’m on several forums. Be good if they were all like that. I still like my dual fuel fridge. I picked mine up from storage tonight and noticed the electrical cord in storage had barely pulled itself out of the connector. Not sure how long it’s been that way but luckily, the propane kicked on and kept all the food good and nothing rancid to clean out.

Yeah all the rage now are solar panels linked up to 2 of the 4D batteries, then inverter. If parked outside theoretically, the fridge would never run down batteries without outside power source.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking outside the norm, there are some REALLY nice all aluminum horse trailers with living quarters, in general from a few I looked over and delivered have more than double the quality in overall construction, but even all aluminum are heavy SOB but you have a solid aluminum roof, not rubber and plywood. With removing a few panels could have a 22' garage and 22' living area. There was one I loved and really considered until I opened the paper work to verify VIN and get keys. MSRP on that one was $280K delivered directly to a nice horse farm in Lexington KY.

Not all are that expensive but have a roof you NEVER have to mess with is worth the consideration.

I mean if I had powerball money I’d be looking at something like a “renegade classic” with a 30’ stacker trailer.

But I don’t have power ball money, I bought a ticket now the powerball has all my money.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All of this is really good info, things I haven’t seen.

Def liking the idea of a lighter trailer, smaller gen, and solar fridge.
About 75% of trailers I deliver are all prewired for solar panels, just plug them into a flush mounted port, already setup to recharge batteries, etc.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I got into this last year, bought my first travel trailer just before I bought the Pioneer. Little 18' dbl axle just for me and the wife. It had only been used one season and the people traded it in. Probably too small for them, perfect for us and I saved a ton on it.
It's always something with a trailer it seems, nothing is ever 100%. Didn't have hot water first trip out because I didn't do all the valves right, lesson learned. Couldn't pull in any TV with the antenna for first couple trips, turned out to be a bad $2 patch cable. Power tongue jack went out on second trip, replaced with beefy one.
Took the last camping trip of the year this past weekend. Got out of work Thursday and beat ass home, 1.5 hrs each way from work. Scrambled to get hooked up and grab last minute crap and hit the road. Drove a little over an hour to campground and wanted to get set up before it got dark. Hooked up the water and plugged in the power, gave the wife the key and told her to turn the fridge and hot water on. Just got done setting the stabilizers and went to roll out the power awning, door was locked...wife's standing next to me and key was on the table! There's only one way this is even possible to do. Getting dark, locksmiths and RV dealers are closed. After a few choice words, (she said I was actually pretty calm about it), jumped back in the truck and drove all the way back home for the spare key. Got back to the campground around 10. Walking around trailer Friday and notice water coming from WH compartment, leaking from drain plug. $5 for two of them but a b**** to get to. Packing up to leave and retracting awning, stopped short, took it out and back again, stopped short. Then it just clicked. Turns out the grab handle at door was turned back and blocking the arm. Dealt with it manually and bungeed it back to ladder for trip home. Took to dealer, burnt motor $399. Wouldn't you think it would just pop a fuse or something? Yes, some of these were operator error but it's always something, ugh!
Sorry for the rant, had to share my vacation story. Can't wait for next year! :rolleyes:
Camping

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I got into this last year, bought my first travel trailer just before I bought the Pioneer. Little 18' dbl axle just for me and the wife. It had only been used one season and the people traded it in. Probably too small for them, perfect for us and I saved a ton on it.
It's always something with a trailer it seems, nothing is ever 100%. Didn't have hot water first trip out because I didn't do all the valves right, lesson learned. Couldn't pull in any TV with the antenna for first couple trips, turned out to be a bad $2 patch cable. Power tongue jack went out on second trip, replaced with beefy one.
Took the last camping trip of the year this past weekend. Got out of work Thursday and beat ass home, 1.5 hrs each way from work. Scrambled to get hooked up and grab last minute crap and hit the road. Drove a little over an hour to campground and wanted to get set up before it got dark. Hooked up the water and plugged in the power, gave the wife the key and told her to turn the fridge and hot water on. Just got done setting the stabilizers and went to roll out the power awning, door was locked...wife's standing next to me and key was on the table! There's only one way this is even possible to do. Getting dark, locksmiths and RV dealers are closed. After a few choice words, (she said I was actually pretty calm about it), jumped back in the truck and drove all the way back home for the spare key. Got back to the campground around 10. Walking around trailer Friday and notice water coming from WH compartment, leaking from drain plug. $5 for two of them but a b**** to get to. Packing up to leave and retracting awning, stopped short, took it out and back again, stopped short. Then it just clicked. Turns out the grab handle at door was turned back and blocking the arm. Dealt with it manually and bungeed it back to ladder for trip home. Took to dealer, burnt motor $399. Wouldn't you think it would just pop a fuse or something? Yes, some of these were operator error but it's always something, ugh!
Sorry for the rant, had to share my vacation story. Can't wait for next year! :rolleyes:
View attachment 56905

An RV is just a land based version of the acronym B.O.A.T. That meaning every time your turn around......

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m looking to buy a toyhauler in the next few weeks. Only thing these aren’t nearby gonna have to travel to look at them. Looking at xlr boost 29qbs and a wolf pack 25 pack 12. Anybody have any experience with either one of these? Pulling it with my new Nissan cummins

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
XLR Boost and a Heartland Torque are on my shortlist, models I'm looking at are easily towable with a SRW F-350, yes I know a DRW would be far more stable, if I can get a good deal on one that is the direction I'm aiming. Trying to keep trailer weight under 15,500/hitch under 3500

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 2015 24' Livin- lite with a 16' garage that will be on the market soon (garage kept since new). All alumn ( roof ,sides, floor ) - no wood in it. Fits a P1000 no prob. We are upgrading as the family unit expanded. If someone is looking for a true 1/2T towable rig this is a good one. They aren't cheap but you def get what you pay for in the RV market. Towed it all over with a Tundra including the Rockies.

WP 20151217 006
File Aug 08 4 07 29 PM
907FF70B 3C68 4D27 841E 4BFCD306C39C

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!