P1000 Trailering options - slush and splashback.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been Trailering every day for several weeks and on several days, I've ended up with a disaster of a mess on my windshield. I have a covered trailer I've used in the past but would much rather use my open trailer.
I've looked at the full cover that says you can trailer with it but not sure if that's the answer. I've got the Super ATV windshield. I think the cover would end up scratching the hell out of the windshield after a short time flopping against it constantly.
I'll be Trailering every day in another two weeks as soon as our lion season opens up to get up to our ranches. I need something that will protect the windshield while Trailering in sloppy conditions.
Any ideas are welcome.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
take your windshield off and put in in the bed of your truck.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been Trailering every day for several weeks and on several days, I've ended up with a disaster of a mess on my windshield. I have a covered trailer I've used in the past but would much rather use my open trailer.
I've looked at the full cover that says you can trailer with it but not sure if that's the answer. I've got the Super ATV windshield. I think the cover would end up scratching the hell out of the windshield after a short time flopping against it constantly.
I'll be Trailering every day in another two weeks as soon as our lion season opens up to get up to our ranches. I need something that will protect the windshield while Trailering in sloppy conditions.
Any ideas are welcome.

Wrap around the windshield with plastic wrap like the kind for food prep. It will cling to it. Its cheap and easy to remove

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Cut a piece of plywood to fit over the w/s.
Put weatherstrip around the edge and clamp / strap it on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!