Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
A response in a recent post prompted me to ask about my transmission. Can anyone attest to the durability of the 700 when dragging a heavy load?

I will be tugging a trailer several miles. Through weeds where the air flow is poor, through mud where the going is slow, and across the lake bed where I'd like to run 15MPH.

Am I in any danger of tearing up the tranny?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Gator
Not one bit.
This tranny has been tried and trusted since 2003.
People have pulled everything from a full pine trees to a trailer with 2 huge skidder tires.

I'm sure those people will be posting soon.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Over 2000 lbs. nothing to it.

You didn't mention how heavy your trailer is but if it's at or below the rated towing capacity you should be fine. Just watch the temp gauge and don't be surprised if the fan runs a lot if you are going to be HEAVY

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've drug several cars out of ditches and snow banks last winter , including my 3500 work van, I dragged the whole rear end around 90deg. Plowed quite a bit. And basically used it for what it's made for. Its tuff. Not one issue.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I have been pulling a 950 pound trailer all thought the nh mountains probably 1000 miles or better. most of it under 8 psi boost. no trains worry's and no cooling problems. I will tell you the trains shifts better with 30 weight synthetic in it. you wont hurt it towing anything you can move.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!