P700 Transmission issue?

C

Crowlan1234

Apr 29, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello all. I have a 2017 700-4 with 1200 miles on it. Recently when accelerating hard the dash display flashes from D to - for a split second, the engine revs for that split second and then it goes back to D and runs fine. No funny noises or anything else out of the ordinary. Took it to the dealer and had the 1200 mile service completed and had them investigate the issue and they couldn’t get it to act up. In addition to the normal service they adjusted the clutches. Of course once I get it home it has the same issue. Could this be an electrical issue, possibly a sensor. What do you guys think?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello all. I have a 2017 700-4 with 1200 miles on it. Recently when accelerating hard the dash display flashes from D to - for a split second, the engine revs for that split second and then it goes back to D and runs fine. No funny noises or anything else out of the ordinary. Took it to the dealer and had the 1200 mile service completed and had them investigate the issue and they couldn’t get it to act up. In addition to the normal service they adjusted the clutches. Of course once I get it home it has the same issue. Could this be an electrical issue, possibly a sensor. What do you guys think?

Could be. Try wiggling wires with the machine in gear and watch (or have someone watch) for the "D" to change to "-" momentarily. Wouldn't hurt to check grounds as well.

Also, check the shift cable adjustment.

PS: There is no "clutch adjustment" on the 700. Don't know what they were referring to.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!