Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had issues with mine a few weeks ago too with it not wanting to shift into 3rd, sometimes 2nd too. I was camping at Pismo beach near the shoreline and I'm not sure if it's the salt water or what but noticed a couple times the tranny was acting up... when I let the rig warm up for 5 to 10 minutes or so problem went away... I was worried cuz I was running that baby hard in the dunes and even pulled out 2 buggy trailers, a rental sandrail and a Honda Pilot suv out of the sand lol!!! I think my issue was just warm up?
Yeah this tranny DEFINITELY likes to be warm.

And how about some Pismo pictures Timmy?

T

tjgullickson

Nov 4, 2016
powell wy
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was having transmission problem the selector just wasn't making a good connection and it was "limping along" i got it home and the next day i took it to local honda dealer. trying to load it up on trailer was horrible. it wasn't even limping anymore. it would rev high and just barely move. long story short it stated working again and i got it to the dealer and it did it again while the mechanic was with me. he wasn't sure but what they found out was that it was 2 quarts low on motor oil. and since the same motor oil runs the transmission it was getting low pressure. so the oil change fixed the problem but what I'm curious is why was it 2 quarts low in the first place? its a 2015 so i shouldn't have to check oil it had been changed by my local mechanic and not honda earlier this year. i am attempting to trade it off but now they are saying because of the low oil they are going to run a compression test! that all fine and dandy but why in the world did i get a machine that has 925 miles and two trail riding seasons under its belt be using oil? there aren't any spots on my garage floor so it must be leaking by somewhere in the motor

J

jjhonda17

Feb 4, 2018
Cleveland tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the same problem, my sxs has power and the clutches don't seem to be slipping but it will only shift up to secound gear?? What can I do, please help anyone? Ideas
Did you ever figure it out mine is in second gear and reverse is all i had

J

jjhonda17

Feb 4, 2018
Cleveland tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you have a code flashing then its the solenoids if not its in the valve body

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!