lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I use this thing everyday and really need it but hate to tear it up thought about switching to synthetic oil!

Unless Honda says it must have synthetic oil I really don't think snake oil will fix it.
Take it back to the dealer and let Honda figure out what it needs to be right.
Its too new to let the Internet "fix" it.

Reactions: swsebek
J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I guess I left a few important details out it's a 2014 bought it with 3000 miles has 3500 something now so it's getting close to due for oil change if that matters. Thanks

J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just an update for anyone interested I did some more investigating and was searching on here to see what guys were using for synthetic oil and came across a thread on how to properly check the oil and found that I had been checking incorrectly and was about a quart low added oil to full and no problems now so I guess I will call the dealer tomorrow and see if they will do anything about it using oil. A quart of oil in 500 miles seems to me A LOT when they only hold a little over 3 quarts.

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah where is the oil going ? Is it being burned or leaking ? That can't be good for the tranny either if its low on oil so I would want to figure that out.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah where is the oil going ? Is it being burned or leaking ? That can't be good for the tranny either if its low on oil so I would want to figure that out.

FWIW...Going to synthetic will most likely make the issue worse, been using it in engines for years now and they all go through oil. Put it in a car with only 16k miles and it starting using right away. I wondered the same thing, where is it going, it had no leaks and didn't blow smoke but it has to be burning it. At $10 a quart having to add oil sucks but that same engine now has 310k and runs hard everyday.

J

jgfarm

Jul 21, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I did change the oil and went with the castrol 10w 40 and have been checking daily it is not leaking so yes it has to be burning it. I would really like to get it in and find where it goin and rebuild it but right now here in northeast Missouri we are in a drought and already feeding hay making things a little tight so for now I will have to add oil as needed and run it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!