P700 Transmission Slip

T

Trapper

Dec 9, 2014
Has anyone had trouble with the transmission slipping? Sometimes, if i start it up and take off right away, the transmission will not shift. the engine will rev up, until it hits the limiter. If I come to a complete stop, shift to neutral, then back to drive, it is fine. It only seems to happen, when i first start it, at the beginning of a ride. also, if i let it run a few minutes before taking off, it does not seem to happen. Im not super concerned about it, just wandering if anyone else had the issue.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes it has happened to me too when I'm in a hurry, it's cold, and the machine doesn't get a proper "warm up". Never underestimate the value of a proper warm up!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haste makes waste

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Yea pretty normal, the oil hasn't had time to warm up yet. The colder it is the worse it is. Let the engine warm up thoroughly or switch to Amsoil or another good synthetic oil and the problem goes away.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Synthetic oil should remedy the problem and worked for me.

Reactions: Plumber32
S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Has anyone had trouble with the transmission slipping? Sometimes, if i start it up and take off right away, the transmission will not shift. the engine will rev up, until it hits the limiter. If I come to a complete stop, shift to neutral, then back to drive, it is fine. It only seems to happen, when i first start it, at the beginning of a ride. also, if i let it run a few minutes before taking off, it does not seem to happen. Im not super concerned about it, just wandering if anyone else had the issue.
Yes
yes I have since warranty was about up. My brother machine starting to do same thing. Some guys say synthetic is cure did it work for you. And 4 full qaurts I changed mine with 4 ate of t6 rotella. hope it works Did it work for you.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine has always done that in cold or after it sits for a few weeks.But reving it up till the rev limiter engages is a bad Idea.Just give it a little steady rev,Once or twice and It will work the oil through the transmission.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!