P700 Transmission still slipping

B

Bigcat

Oct 27, 2018
North port,al
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello guys" after I posted my first post about transmission slipping I had some good suggestions, let it warm up ,and check oil level. Well after doing both the first time you ride it still wants to slip when shifting from 2 no to 3rd. I have owned Hondas for years motorcycles,3 wheelers, 4 wheelers this is my first sxs and I'm very let down with the quality of it, I expected more from honda

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello guys" after I posted my first post about transmission slipping I had some good suggestions, let it warm up ,and check oil level. Well after doing both the first time you ride it still wants to slip when shifting from 2 no to 3rd. I have owned Hondas for years motorcycles,3 wheelers, 4 wheelers this is my first sxs and I'm very let down with the quality of it, I expected more from honda
Remind me....how many miles?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nevermind...went and looked it up...Sounds like you are burning them up.
This machine has to warm up a bit before riding. Owners manual states that it shouldn't be driven until there is a bar on the temp gauge. Realistically, you don't have to wait that long except maybe in really cold weather, but you gotta wait more than 10 seconds on the 1st start.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Get the clutch update and she’ll be better than ever

Reactions: Mudwing
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 5960

B

Bigcat

Oct 27, 2018
North port,al
Ownership

1. 700-2
Remind me....how many miles?

Sorry ,it has 320 now,I did look that up in owners manual, have been letting it warm a couple of min.it does better but it takes several min. For it to shift correctly, thanks for the reply

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Bigcat these machines will slip pulling out right when you take off from a cold startBut even when there cold they should not slip between 2 nd and 3rd. And if you smell the clutches you have a problem that needs addressed

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!