Talon Transmission Tune and Launch mode

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well, I'm starting to really like the tranny tune I have installed into my Talon's ECU. It will down shift at lower rpm's making it much smoother but it does compromise some of the engine braking. Launch Mode is easy to use and works perfectly.
IMG 5346

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Well, I'm starting to really like the tranny tune I have installed into my Talon's ECU. It will down shift at lower rpm's making it much smoother but it does compromise some of the engine braking. Launch Mode is easy to use and works perfectly.View attachment 167226
What is installation like? And what is the cost? Thanks

Reactions: CincyCuda68
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Where did you get that tune/map from?
It was sent to me to test out and give feed back on. My part in it is done. You will have to get it from their website when it becomes available.

strubby

strubby

Jan 9, 2020
Central FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have a Vision CX for my Victory Octane. Very easy to use.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Didn't sign anything.

I’d like to see the transmission tune they provided you. Shift points are tunable in powercore, and can be tweaked on the provided pv3 talon tunes. It would just be nice to compare DJs tweaks before making my own.

Sent from iPhone using minimal effort....

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I’d like to see the transmission tune they provided you. Shift points are tunable in powercore, and can be tweaked on the provided pv3 talon tunes. It would just be nice to compare DJs tweaks before making my own.

Sent from iPhone using minimal effort....
Is there a PM on this site?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I would be interested in the file also, if your sharing.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
SOOO cool!:

Launch control instructions:
1. With the "Use Sport Switch for Launch Control Activation" patch activated, simply press and hold the sport switch for approximately 2 seconds. The Launch monitor will change from 0 to 1.
2. Pull both paddles back and hold throttle to rev limit. The launch monitor will change from 1 to 2.
3. Release paddles to go. The launch monitor will change from 2 to 3.
4. If launch monitor displays 4, that means the sequence has been aborted either through timeout or improper sequence.
5. Note that the initial state of the sport switch is irrelevant, the factory settings enables sport mode by default when placed into launch mode (convenient!!!).
6. Note that you can launch in MT mode by selecting MT before activating launch.

The PV3 will sell like hotcakes when this tune file becomes mainstream!

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Thanks to @IDIOT for trying to share the tune files. Alas, they were password protected.

I emailed DJ to see if there was a way to procure the trans-tuning files, and this is their response:

“Dpnorth,

Thank you for contacting Dynojet Research. We appreciate your support and interest in our products.

The special tunes with launch control and DCT tuning are an optional upgrade. The part number is 16-03UPG and cost is an additional $100. If you wish to procure this option, please call in to 800-992-4993 to get the process started.

Regards,
~T.J.”

I don’t recall seeing that on their site, still looking around. I may just pony up the $100 to get my hands on them. Seems like it would be really easy to take a peek at the values, and plug them into the base tunes that they give you with the PV3 via PowerCore. I guess that is my sticking point with the price....

Reactions: IDIOT
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Thanks to @IDIOT for trying to share the tune files. Alas, they were password protected.

I emailed DJ to see if there was a way to procure the trans-tuning files, and this is their response:

“Dpnorth,

Thank you for contacting Dynojet Research. We appreciate your support and interest in our products.

The special tunes with launch control and DCT tuning are an optional upgrade. The part number is 16-03UPG and cost is an additional $100. If you wish to procure this option, please call in to 800-992-4993 to get the process started.

Regards,
~T.J.”

I don’t recall seeing that on their site, still looking around. I may just pony up the $100 to get my hands on them. Seems like it would be really easy to take a peek at the values, and plug them into the base tunes that they give you with the PV3 via PowerCore. I guess that is my sticking point with the price....

you don’t agree that they did the work for the tune and need compensation to stay in business?

Reactions: Plumber32
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
you don’t agree that they did the work for the tune and need compensation to stay in business?

Nah, but i think i could figure it out myself. Just a lil timid. On the fence since 100 bones isn’t a whole lot.

Biggest thing I find surprising is that trans tune IS available, and I don’t see it advertised anywhere. OP mentioned it wasn’t available publicly yet.

Last edited:
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
SOOO cool!:

Launch control instructions:
1. With the "Use Sport Switch for Launch Control Activation" patch activated, simply press and hold the sport switch for approximately 2 seconds. The Launch monitor will change from 0 to 1.
2. Pull both paddles back and hold throttle to rev limit. The launch monitor will change from 1 to 2.
3. Release paddles to go. The launch monitor will change from 2 to 3.
4. If launch monitor displays 4, that means the sequence has been aborted either through timeout or improper sequence.
5. Note that the initial state of the sport switch is irrelevant, the factory settings enables sport mode by default when placed into launch mode (convenient!!!).
6. Note that you can launch in MT mode by selecting MT before activating launch.

The PV3 will sell like hotcakes when this tune file becomes mainstream!

Where is the launch monitor in this setup? The PV3 or the gear Indicator?

Unsure about forking out $100 for a single tune that will probably be used once, then will need to be changed with exhaust (another $100) and then a turbo (another $100 or more). Might seem stupid complaining about a nickel or dimes in the grand scheme of things on a 20K+ rig, but think I would rather save the $ for the turbo (whenever that comes out).

As far as I see it sharing tune files is not stealing from DJ as they sell and made money on an programmer that is locked to your VIN and provide framework to customize tunes/your machine to your hearts content.

Seems like people are quick to embrace a closed off/walled garden, becoming less of a community around the machines and if that is the direction that is to be taken, DJ should be selling the PV3 for $50 (to cover the manufacturing cost of the programmer) and then charge for the individual tunes tied to the programmer/vin.

Miss the days of RC51.org with the RC51. People would share just about every technical detail about the machine to get the very most out of the machine.

Think if DJ had a better approach to open library of tunes available along with some news about what they are working on, they would sell a significant number more of the PV3 units.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Where is the launch monitor in this setup? The PV3 or the gear Indicator?

Unsure about forking out $100 for a single tune that will probably be used once, then will need to be changed with exhaust (another $100) and then a turbo (another $100 or more). Might seem stupid complaining about a nickel or dimes in the grand scheme of things on a 20K+ rig, but think I would rather save the $ for the turbo (whenever that comes out).

As far as I see it sharing tune files is not stealing from DJ as they sell and made money on an programmer that is locked to your VIN and provide framework to customize tunes/your machine to your hearts content.

Seems like people are quick to embrace a closed off/walled garden, becoming less of a community around the machines and if that is the direction that is to be taken, DJ should be selling the PV3 for $50 (to cover the manufacturing cost of the programmer) and then charge for the individual tunes tied to the programmer/vin.

Miss the days of RC51.org with the RC51. People would share just about every technical detail about the machine to get the very most out of the machine.

Think if DJ had a better approach to open library of tunes available along with some news about what they are working on, they would sell a significant number more of the PV3 units.
The PV3 is a flash tuner and with their software u can change the fueling, timing and transmission parameters how ever many times you want for just the cost of the PV3. They do have a free tune or 2 for exhaust mods. Only their custom transmission tune which includes launch mode is an extra $100. Its real easy to adjust the shift points in the software.

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Is this for the Talon only (tune) or can you get one for the pioneer? I am on the fence with Sibler, I am just looking for a little more low end toque due to my larger tires.

Reactions: Plumber32
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!