P1000 True AM Isolator

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When looking at the TrueAm isolators, I've noticed several different "models" or wording on the label. What are the differences? Which is best for p1K5? Please keep it simple.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When looking at the TrueAm isolators, I've noticed several different "models" or wording on the label. What are the differences? Which is best for p1K5? Please keep it simple.
I see 3 options on our forum store.
TrueAm UTV-SBI-CM UTV Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit
This is everything you need to add a 2nd battery, minus the battery. Includes wiring, a relay and a dual voltmeter.

TrueAm UTV-SBI-CK UTV Dual Battery Kit
Kit above, minus a relay, dual voltmeter etc. This would probably be the more popular option being sold.

TrueAm UTV-SBI-18 Dual Battery Isolator with PEP
Basic iso with nothing else. If you have lots of spare power wires in your garage, this would be a good option.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy the first link and not worry about anything else.
Start a convo with @Hondasxs for the best deal.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see 3 options on our forum store.
TrueAm UTV-SBI-CM UTV Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit
This is everything you need to add a 2nd battery, minus the battery. Includes wiring, a relay and a dual voltmeter.

TrueAm UTV-SBI-CK UTV Dual Battery Kit
Kit above, minus a relay, dual voltmeter etc. This would probably be the more popular option being sold.

TrueAm UTV-SBI-18 Dual Battery Isolator with PEP
Basic iso with nothing else. If you have lots of spare power wires in your garage, this would be a good option.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy the first link and not worry about anything else.
Start a convo with @Hondasxs for the best deal.
Good copy. I was wondering what the differences are. Thank you for keeping it simple:)

haf

haf

Sep 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a benefit of the true battery isolator vs something like the one below.
Upload 2019 10 29 8 15 32

haf

haf

Sep 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really. Other that that looks to be non branded, generic. Probley a Chinese knockoff of blue seas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the quick reply. I was planning on getting the True anyway sense so many have had good luck just thought I would ask.

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello so I have a question about the first option the kit version that also includes the wiring. Do the instructions include where it mounts so that the wiring reaches everywhere it needs to?

Thank You Phil

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Hello so I have a question about the first option the kit version that also includes the wiring. Do the instructions include where it mounts so that the wiring reaches everywhere it needs to?

Thank You Phil
You'll get a layman's version of a schematic for where each wire connects, but there is nothing specific about where to install the bits and pieces in your actual machine.

Unless they are bone stock, no two machines are the same Someone may already be using a spot under the hood for something else when they finally buy their isolator kit, so a schematic of "where to install this piece" is largely irrelevant.

I just finished tidying up my electrical under my hood, post (among other things) TruAM insolator install (pic below). Lots of folks put their isolator in that open spot just below where I put mine -- my OCD tends to force me to organize in a way so that I have plenty of room for other things down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillbillytnt
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!