P1000 Turn Signal Kit?

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too late for my wiring to be clean. Gave up on that long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hide well LOL
IMG 1497
IMG 1498

Reactions: Lady01 and sharp
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the XTC kit. Super simple installation and comes out really clean looking. Uses the rear taillights as blinkers and you install front lights yourself. A little more money, but less time on the install.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I ended up designing my own turn signal kit. I used to own a Pioneer 700 and learned a lot on how NOT to do it. When I bought the 1000-5, I cleaned up the design. I did consider putting a blinker arm on the steering column, however I never found one that I liked and the paddles make it difficult to mount cleanly. So I settled on a Rocker Switch. The implementation on the 700 had the rocker switch backlighing in the off state and would turn on and blink for the selected arrow. This was difficult to find the switch when driving in the dark and I also didnt like to looks of it because it was the only switch that was not backlit. So I inverted the backlighting so that both arrows were always lit and only the selected arrow would blink. I like this design much better, especially when driving in the dark. I also incorporated the turn signal into the rear lights so I didn't have to add additional lights in the rear. I tried to attach a video but could not figure out how to do it.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm waiting for Corbin Custom Works to make another batch of kits. They seem to have the cleanest installation. I'm looking forward to having signals on my machine

Reactions: Lady01 and Wellzy
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like a turn signal kit for my P1000. Been looking at XTC, Corbin Custom Works and Ryco UTV.
Looks like CCW is sold at UTVdirect but can’t find any working promo codes :-D

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like a turn signal kit for my P1000. Been looking at XTC, Corbin Custom Works and Ryco UTV.
Looks like CCW is sold at UTVdirect but can’t find any working promo codes :-D
Ordered mine direct from Corbin. It's a great kit

Reactions: Lady01 and 2018GMC
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Corbin makes an awesome kit, I am very happy with it and the install was a breeze. I used the center dash plate to locate my switches and bought my own horn and button, they wanted $60 for theirs.

IMG 8954 IMG 8952

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see XTC and CCW are self canceling.

XTC has a new ATS kit which has the smaller "brain" vs the original TSS kit with the larger "brain". XTC only offers kits with horn Turn Signal Systems Archives - XTC Power Products

Corbin Custom Works is lower priced than XTC and they appear to be very similar with plug and play installation, no wire cutting and using rear tail lights as blinkers.

Features​

• Easy plug & play installation
  • Plugs into factory wiring harness, no cutting or splicing
  • Uses factory matching weatherproof connectors
  • Uses factory tail lights for rear indicators
  • Easy to install dual 3/4" LEDs for front indicators with Amber lenses
  • 40-second auto-shutoff
  • Authentic Carling rocker switches
  • Horizontal rocker switch included (call for vertical options)
  • Custom laser-etched and lit rocker switch faces
  • Hazard switch upgrade available
  • Fully illustrated installation guide included
  • 30-day money-back guarantee (see details)
  • Handmade and tested in the USA!

Last edited:
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The self canceling feature of the Corbin is a nice little helper. As much as I try not to be "that guy" I have found the switch has auto canceled as I was distracted or not paying attention. It will blink for 40 seconds, or the same as 40 flashes and stop blinking. The rocker switch will still be tilted but the normal arrow light returns and the blinking stops. The hazard switch is illuminated as well and blinks with the lights when turned on. That was only $30 so I added it. The kit comes with a template for marking and drilling the holes so they are dead even on each front fender - which if they weren't would trigger my OCD! There is a video I will include for the install.

Reactions: Lady01 and 2018GMC
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I share your OCD challenges :) I already have a cheap horn and switch that was mandatory half @$$ installed by the stealer. Was debating if I’d ever use the hazard option for +$30

Last edited:
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My horn, my button and I wired it in. I had a cousin with a Polaris who wanted one, so we did his as well. Nice and loud for much less $$$. Also, for a horn I prefer the push button to a rocker switch. My passengers enjoy honking at the deer near the road as well!🦌🎺

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
D

dlasbach

Sep 18, 2021
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you build me a setup cheaper than the preset up kits? Send me a PM or text. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi nbomar I bought a cheap turn signal kit and want to wire my turn signals to my taillights and need the wiring diagram and require controls and etc. Thanks Dave A dlasbach@ gmail.com

JasonBoh

JasonBoh

Mar 23, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed a turn pro kit on my 1000-5. I ordered the kit with the upgraded rocker switch and mounted it next to the headlight switch, so it was basically where a turn signal switch should be but where I could still see the rocker through the steering wheel (to make sure I turned it off). The kit installed easily but some of the factory installed bullet connectors basically fell off during the install. I heat shrinked most of the remaining bullet connectors. All other connections and the defective bullet connectors I just soldered the wires together and heat shrinked. While it would not have been that hard to build/install my own turn signal system. It was well worth the money to just order and install the turn pro kit even with the minor issues I had.

JasonBoh

JasonBoh

Mar 23, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
AS a side note I installed a horn with the turn signal kit, and a duel back up light kit with a work light override , All in about 2 1/2 hrs. I mounted the back up lights under the tail gate right beside both ends of the muffler. ( We will see how long the lights last here lol) So even though the turn pro kits are a little more expensive and even with a couple quality issue I would recommend them. I always say time is money and that was a pretty fast install for all the upgrades that were added... Just my 2 cents
Duel back up light pods were purchased at Napa and mounts were purchased at TSC.

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
everyone still happy with their kits?

looks like Corbin is no longer available?

on the Turnpro: do the switches illuminate? I believe the Corbin and XTC ones do...

also: do any include lic. plate mounts?
if not, what is the preferred mount.

and are the horns loud?

Last edited:
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
everyone still happy with their kits?

looks like Corbin is no longer available?

on the Turnpro: do the switches illuminate? I believe the Corbin and XTC ones do...

also: do any include lic. plate mounts?
if not, what is the preferred mount.

and are the horns loud?
Turn pro horn switch is lit, rest are only lit when on, it has an optional plate light/mount, horn is about the same as my truck

Nice Zombie thread...

Reactions: someguy1313

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!