P1000 Tusk terrabite dot tires

advertisement
A

arizonasteeler

Mar 23, 2016
mesa arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is awesome information, I'm planning on going with the terabytes for the ROTC and send more info as u put more miles on yalls tires. ;)
Approximately 300 miles on mine no significant wear yet,my rear tire lugs are rounding a little bit and i agree with EASTEN on his review probably from being locked, i ride very hard rocky terrain and washes but for the price they are pretty awesome in my opinion.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Approximately 300 miles on mine no significant wear yet,my rear tire lugs are rounding a little bit and i agree with EASTEN on his review probably from being locked, i ride very hard rocky terrain and washes but for the price they are pretty awesome in my opinion.
That's the more reason I'm getting a set for my P500. :);)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
After inspection couldn't find the front drivers side tire rubbing on anything! All the other tire are in new condition! Must have been broken glass in ice!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Koda
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After inspection couldn't find the front drivers side tire rubbing on anything! All the other tire are in new condition! Must have been broken glass in ice!

It's worth contact the manufacturer. I've seen situations like this on truck tires where one tire began "chunking" and they replaced it with little to no fight. Could be a mistake in the mold process. The fact that the other three are fine makes me think that might be the reason. If it was glass in the trail, the rear tire on the same side would probably be damaged as well, usually worse than a front because the rear tires put more "power" to the ground than the front. I don't know how to scientifically explain this. The rear tires always get cut worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had a GBC Dirt Tamer tire do nearly the exact same thing on my grizzly from the time it was new. A small chunk off the leading edge of each tread block broke off. I swapped it over to the other side rear and same thing happened to the leading edge again on that same tire. The other 3 tires wore just like they should for the next 1,000 miles.

I contacted GBC and they wanted me to ship them the tire for inspection to determine if they would replace it. I told them I didn't want to be down a tire for who knows how long for a chance at getting it replaced. Her solution was that I should just go ahead and buy another one from them and then if they found that one faulty they would refund me. I said no thanks and decided that would be my last set of GBC tires.

I hope Tusk takes care of you. RMATV is known for good customer service and with it being their in house tire, I think they're really pushing it. They probably don't want a "squeaky wheel" out on the trails. For the record, all 4 of mine are wearing as expected at 225 miles with pavement and trail riding including some stepped off rocky hills.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I will reach out to them and see what they say tomorrow! It's really odd I will do a 360 inspection of that tire to determine total damage and take photos to support findings!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Got ahold of RMATV and will be sending photos of tire tomorrow per their request! They did say that there have been tires that have been replaced due to defects. They seemed eager to help and stated especially because it is one of theirs! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

J

JTW

Got ahold of RMATV and will be sending photos of tire tomorrow per their request! They did say that there have been tires that have been replaced due to defects. They seemed eager to help and stated especially because it is one of theirs! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Clutch.. Shocks.. tires... I hope your luck is done!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and ghost
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Clutch.. Shocks.. tires... I hope your luck is done!
Lol, I was thinking that! Is it just me:oops: well just got some new speakers in today...let's not jinx it!
IMG 6768

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here are some pics of the tires...
IMG 6769 IMG 6771 IMG 6772 IMG 6773 IMG 6774 IMG 6775 IMG 6776 IMG 6777 IMG 6778 IMG 6779 IMG 6780 IMG 6781 IMG 6782 IMG 6783 IMG 6784 IMG 6785 IMG 6786
Stuffed paper to show wear! Chunks missing from center to outside with many tears marked with paper!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So they sent me a return label to send the tire in! If they warranty it they will send me a new one! Still not crazy about being without a tire for that long! So ordered a complete spare! Will tear the tire down Monday and send it in, but first I got the ok to ride with it this weekend! Lol. Oh well will have a new tire on Monday night and worst case scenario will use this as a spare! Report back when I get more info!

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah, I can see why they are reluctant just to send out a new tire based on pictures.. but it also makes you feel like they aren't taking care of the customer to expect you to either be down a tire or buy a new one for the time being. Double edged sword I guess.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I can see why they are reluctant just to send out a new tire based on pictures.. but it also makes you feel like they aren't taking care of the customer to expect you to either be down a tire or buy a new one for the time being. Double edged sword I guess.

It's pretty standard. The fact they are paying for shipping and not just telling him to pound sound is a sign of good service these days. If they just sent him a brand new tire no questions asked I would imagine more and more customer would "have issues". It's just how things are nowadays. It's unfortunate but the majority of consumers are trying to take advantage of companies because they are all "big and rich and can afford it".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!