GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I did have the efx motoclaw, they were smooth on the road but felt heavy. I never really liked them that much, they are kind of a dealer special package that they give you a good deal on when you buy the rig. @joeymt33 is right, the motoclaw perform poorly over all off road, they get clogged up easily in the mud and become very slick. I have the blackwater evos now and love them, they are the perfect tire for where I usually ride.

How would the MotoClaws compare to the stock Big Horns?

some say they are really tough dot and a little better in mud than mongrels and Terrabites they are a little heavier but Im prob just going to do 27" or maybe 28. (worried about loosing hp)

My Polaris buddies run Mongrels I wanted something a little more aggressive in mud, I don't do a lot mud I really overall like my Big Horns and was thinking about up grading to some 30/10/14 and was trying to decide what brand of tires to put back on I liked the Moto Claws rim protection and the fact the lug bars run down so far on the side wall just curious if they will slick up faster then the Terra Bites?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How would the MotoClaws compare to the stock Big Horns?

My Polaris buddies run Mongrels I wanted something a little more aggressive in mud, I don't do a lot mud I really overall like my Big Horns and was thinking about up grading to some 30/10/14 and was trying to decide what brand of tires to put back on I liked the Moto Claws rim protection and the fact the lug bars run down so far on the side wall just curious if they will slick up faster then the Terra Bites?
Slightly better but not much

Reactions: GPR1500SC
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have some Moto Claws that I am running - I got them from @Tigermark
I can not speak to mud but in the rocky terrain they do fine for me. The sidewalks are stiffer than the stock bighorns and they feel better. I do have 2 plugs in one (500 miles on?) but had more than that in the big horns in under 100 miles. I don't see a lot of deep mud here so can not comment on that experience. My next set of tires I will look at terribites and Evos - will probably go with all 4 tires the same vs 9/11 inch

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can not speak to mud but in the rocky terrain they do fine for me. The sidewalks are stiffer than the stock bighorns and they feel better. I do have 2 plugs in one (500 miles on?) but had more than that in the big horns in under 100 miles. I don't see a lot of deep mud here so can not comment on that experience. My next set of tires I will look at terribites and Evos - will probably go with all 4 tires the same vs 9/11 inch
That's true, motoclaws are good on rocks but terrible in mud. I'm now running blackwater evos.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I think I’m going rocktanes like @joeymt33.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think I’m going rocktanes like @joeymt33.

With your reputation you may want to get the Kevlar version! But you should be warned that the 30 inch size is very heavy and noticeable loss in power.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you notice any acceleration difference using heavier tires? Or decrease in top speed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you notice any acceleration difference using heavier tires? Or decrease in top speed?

Good question - I don't notice - however I really never run more than 25-30 mph on the trails around here - too rocky. The biggest difference I noticed between the stock big horns and the motoclaws was that the motoclaws had a stiffer side wall - to me I felt the bighorns "flex" when cornering or maybe even at a hard lean on a trail.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Let me say it this way - if you get a great deal on the motoclaws and are going to be riding on a lot of rocky trails - go for it.

Tough part for me looking for tires is every review is relative to the person writing it - type of terrain they ride in, type of rider they are and number of different tires the have tried. Compared to the bighorn 2.0. Probably most tires are going to give you better performance. I got a great deal from a forum member when they were wanting to upgrade, I had ridden with them numerous times and saw that the tires would perform in the terrain we ride in. I also felt this set would do what I wanted while giving me time to research other options.

There are a lot more experienced people with tires and riding on here than me and I don't think if you follow their advice you will go wrong.

J

JTW

New shoes...

Reviews will come next week!

IMG 5454 IMG 5455

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With your reputation you may want to get the Kevlar version! But you should be warned that the 30 inch size is very heavy and noticeable loss in power.

I’ve seen your videos. You ride every bit as hard as I do... I have rockabillys now and they did really well until I cut the first one. I keep ripping the plugs back out of that same cut. It has 6-8 plugs in it though. Lol

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Slightly better but not much

Thanks for the insight comparing to the Big Horn's

Let me say it this way - if you get a great deal on the motoclaws and are going to be riding on a lot of rocky trails - go for it.

Tough part for me looking for tires is every review is relative to the person writing it - type of terrain they ride in, type of rider they are and number of different tires the have tried. Compared to the bighorn 2.0. Probably most tires are going to give you better performance. I got a great deal from a forum member when they were wanting to upgrade, I had ridden with them numerous times and saw that the tires would perform in the terrain we ride in. I also felt this set would do what I wanted while giving me time to research other options.

There are a lot more experienced people with tires and riding on here than me and I don't think if you follow their advice you will go wrong.

Thanks for consider terrain in your feed back.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
My stock Big Horns were very gripy, very good tires, just not in the rocks, caring speed, not talking about gravel rocks!

I am as undecided as a woman in a shoe store LOL

1 should I just put on bigger Big Horns because I am happy with the stock ones?

2 Put on TerraBite's because they got a large loyal fan base?

3 Put on some Motoclaws because thats what my local off road tire shop suggested for me

4 Put on some other tire that performs close to the Big Horns?

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I am as undecided as a woman in a shoe store LOL

1 should I just put on bigger Big Horns because I am happy with the stock ones?

2 Put on TerraBite's because they got a large loyal fan base?

3 Put on some Motoclaws because thats what my local off road tire shop suggested for me

4 Put on some other tire that performs close to the Big Horns?
Go for the terabytes they preaty well cover everything except mud. They are not the greatest in mud bot not the worst by far.;)

Reactions: GPR1500SC and JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!