Twin-Air foam filter

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just to clarify all 8 bolts were tightened down properly,I didn’t leave loose bolts to back out and potentially ruin my engine,That’s just common sense. I agree without running a pre filter your primary will still get just a dirty in the same amount of time as before. But I’m not trying to make my filter last 1000 miles an interval.The benefit i was seeking is a quality filtration media that can be reused once it’s dirty. I still would inspect and clean every ~300miles judging by riding conditions. but that will save me $35 and some pennies in the process,everytime I clean and inspect. With my comment on the filter squishing out towards the air box lip. That’s because the orange compression plate squished the foam flat and tight thus sealing it to the airbox. It was more of an FYI to help someone else out and should be noted in the instructions. Ever rolled up a ball of clay and smashed it? In conclusion, nothing will match OEM filters and Quality,the instructions twin air provides you in the box it says reuse bolts to secure plate to airbox. if it said “reuse oem hardware” that would be a question of concern but it didn’t. The Instructions should be more clear. But I read between the lines and I shouldn’t have too. sadly over the years with aftermarket companies,I’ve learned that. The product will work for me as intended and to anyone else who would use this foam filter.

So what are the bolts tightening up against, are you bottoming them out in the air box holes to torque them properly? If there is nothing between the screws except that flat plate and a foam filter I'm not seeing how you are properly tightening them without squashing the crap out of the foam.

Reactions: BPINE and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!