P500 Two Questions

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't want to hi-jack Garlic Farmer's thread on windshields and roofs so I posted my own separately.
I just received a Satv flip up windshield and will install it in the next couple weeks. I have a soft top at present and am looking for a hard top to go with the windshield. Any suggestions on what hard top to buy that will partner with the windshield? I prefer little or no gap between the top of the windshield and the bottom edge of the front of the roof. Or if the front of the roof had enough overhang so any water would fall onto the windshield and not dump in my lap that would be OK.
I will buy the OEM Honda roof if I have to, but it sure is pricey!
Oh, one last thing. I want to haul my machine at hi way speeds on my flatbed pickup or on my atv trailer and I don't wish to remove the top to do so, or worry about the windshield being damaged.
Any ideas? Please tell me your likes and dislikes of the roof you purchased. Thank you.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I didn't want to hi-jack Garlic Farmer's thread on windshields and roofs so I posted my own separately.
I just received a Satv flip up windshield and will install it in the next couple weeks. I have a soft top at present and am looking for a hard top to go with the windshield. Any suggestions on what hard top to buy that will partner with the windshield? I prefer little or no gap between the top of the windshield and the bottom edge of the front of the roof. Or if the front of the roof had enough overhang so any water would fall onto the windshield and not dump in my lap that would be OK.
I will buy the OEM Honda roof if I have to, but it sure is pricey!
Oh, one last thing. I want to haul my machine at hi way speeds on my flatbed pickup or on my atv trailer and I don't wish to remove the top to do so, or worry about the windshield being damaged.
Any ideas? Please tell me your likes and dislikes of the roof you purchased. Thank you.
The oem Honda roof.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have the Honda roof and really like it. Looks great, pretty much indestructible, easy install/removal. I trailer it often with no issues. I have the Honda windshield. The roof does add overall height to the machine.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any suggestions on what hard top to buy that will partner with the windshield? I prefer little or no gap between the top of the windshield and the bottom edge of the front of the roof. Or if the front of the roof had enough overhang so any water would fall onto the windshield and not dump in my lap that would be OK.
Asking for a whole lot of perfect from a modular plexiglass windshield that just aint gonna happen unless you buy a full hard Enclosure and you dont want that. Glad your getting rid of the parachute roof tho!
When I had my P5 some yrs ago, The Honda roof like mentioned above id the way to go. Robust as Phuck and will last you forever! Gonna be as close as your gonna get with the perfection your seeking bit be advised, youll have to get real creative to stop some of those gaps. Either wat As we like to say here, Buy Once Cry Once.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I have no experience with the Honda roof, however, I wanted a lower profile than it provided so I went with the EMP poly roof (they also make a metal one) and I have no complaints about it. Tucks up tight. It's flat on top as compared to the Honda, and it's low profile.

I'm sure you would be fine with either.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I also have the EMP poly roof and glued some Rural King diamond tread foam flooring pad to the bottom to decrease vibration, noise and help with warmth in the winter. I have the UTV direct fold down windshield that allows you to open hood with windshield in place. Would get scratch resistant next time as i have to use NOVUS plastic polish on it every year.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!