Under Hood

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Silly question. I bought a used 2019 talon X that had a few things already wired up, a radio, 1 front light bar, 1 rear light bar.
I am a bit confused as I am installing a winch and they say to run right from the battery. But there is a fuse block in the front of the unit (does not appear factory) which looks to have a hot coming directly from the battery in the factory lume and wiring.
1) Did honda do that from factory or did the previous owner do all that work?
2) Did honda put a fuse block on the units from the factory?
3) Can I use that hot to tie into my winch?

Thanks everyone!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Silly question. I bought a used 2019 talon X that had a few things already wired up, a radio, 1 front light bar, 1 rear light bar.
I am a bit confused as I am installing a winch and they say to run right from the battery. But there is a fuse block in the front of the unit (does not appear factory) which looks to have a hot coming directly from the battery in the factory lume and wiring.
1) Did honda do that from factory or did the previous owner do all that work?
2) Did honda put a fuse block on the units from the factory?
3) Can I use that hot to tie into my winch?

Thanks everyone!
Honda provides a pre-wired hot/neg that's run to the front of the machine from the battery box. Positive needs to be connected in the battery box if you want to use it (it's wrapped in blue tape), but it sounds like previous owner used it for accessories so it's already hooked up. No factory fuse block.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, you can tie right in to that heavy gauge wire for your winch, that's why Honda prewired it (for a winch). 👍

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here is a photo of the fuse box. I took the cover off to work on some wiring myself.
But I assume the hot coming in is factory and same wit the ground., is that correct?

Fusebox1

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here is a photo of the fuse box. I took the cover off to work on some wiring myself.
But I assume the hot coming in is factory and same wit the ground., is that correct?

View attachment 381010
Yup, and definitely not a factory box
I would assume the +&- are but youll have to follow them to find out

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

View attachment 381010
Since Honda marked the two leads with blue tape, the ground is for sure, going back to the battery. Given that, chances are high that so is the red. The dealer installed my winch so I never saw where the leads were fastened originally.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!