P1000 Under Seat Storage Compartment Issues

SBarben

SBarben

Jun 23, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received an aftermarket underseat storage compartment for Christmas this year. Anxious to install it, I finally got the Pioneer into the shop this morning and pulled the seat anticipating a fairly simple bolt in. Not so fast there buster! The under seat area is filled with electrical connections and what appears to be part of the heater assembly. You don’t have to get passed the 5th grade to see there is no way in hell this is fitting in that space. Is the storage box only for those units without a factory heater?

5D6534DB F804 4ADB 9BFD D0564B9FC2BD

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I received an aftermarket underseat storage compartment for Christmas this year. Anxious to install it, I finally got the Pioneer into the shop this morning and pulled the seat anticipating a fairly simple bolt in. Not so fast there buster! The under seat area is filled with electrical connections and what appears to be part of the heater assembly. You don’t have to get passed the 5th grade to see there is no way in hell this is fitting in that space. Is the storage box only for those units without a factory heater?

View attachment 243527
I’d say yes, those under seat storage units take up some space.

SBarben

SBarben

Jun 23, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 243527
Here’s a better pic:
DA5FAAB4 AEA5 4106 AFDD E60A021DE6A7

Reactions: TripleB
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 243527
I don't think the honda storage box will work with that aftermarket heater.

yeah, don’t think that’s gonna work, but check out the rear door storage mod.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 243527

You are correct. BUT! If you have the 5 seat, the rear door storage mod is a much better storage option...and pretty cheap to do.

SBarben

SBarben

Jun 23, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys, while I'm bummed out that the under seat box won't work, I'm intrigued by the rear storage door option. I may look into that. When I look at the pics, I'm trying to figure out a way to make it more esthetically pleasing to look at. With the shouldered attachment screws that hold the side panel missing, it looks bad. I saw the round twist screws that were substituted in one pic and I like those. My background in car restoration moves me to want it to look clean and stock, it's close, I just need to percolate on it for a bit and see what I'd do different, maybe nothing, we'll see. Either way, you've given me some great feedback and ideas I hadn't thought of and that's what this forum is for, thank you!

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Thanks guys, while I'm bummed out that the under seat box won't work, I'm intrigued by the rear storage door option. I may look into that. When I look at the pics, I'm trying to figure out a way to make it more esthetically pleasing to look at. With the shouldered attachment screws that hold the side panel missing, it looks bad. I saw the round twist screws that were substituted in one pic and I like those. My background in car restoration moves me to want it to look clean and stock, it's close, I just need to percolate on it for a bit and see what I'd do different, maybe nothing, we'll see. Either way, you've given me some great feedback and ideas I hadn't thought of and that's what this forum is for, thank you!
Let us know what you end up doing. I’m interested in this as well as the under seat storage as I don’t have a heater in mine

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is what I did.

78BA31DE 1B87 4D64 B005 FBCE31DFA902
1EF320FA BE89 40E6 8F59 297EF8FAE6C6