P500 Under the hood

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hi! I just received my '17 p500 and was looking under the hood and noticed 3 female wire plugs near the paint code label and were labeled Yellow, white and red. Anyone know what they're for?
Thanks!
Curt
PS. Does the remote cord from a ProVantage 3500 mate with Warn socket 16296? Dealer installed flush rocker switch and there's no plugin on that. Dealer gave me multi purpose rocker switch/socket and cord after-the-fact but I just want the socket mounted elsewhere on the SxS. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hi! I just received my '17 p500 and was looking under the hood and noticed 3 female wire plugs near the paint code label and were labeled Yellow, white and red. Anyone know what they're for?
Thanks!
Curt

That sounds like the accessory sub-harness. ie for some aux light, horn, etc.

Last edited:
C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Can you post a pic of the harness?

Sure!
Bcdf68a1fef969bdfaffc48b070deab7

It looks like there's 4 wires and the green one is being used for the Honda winch harness. I hope this pic works.

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Does Honda have a specific use for the white, yellow and red wires left?

D

Deleted member 3748

@FuzzyGrub is correct. Two of those wires have a 12V positive and a negative and the other two have just a 12V positive. One of yours is already plugged into something and you have three left. I use mine to power small LED pod lights, a 12V cigarette lighter adapter, an interior light and a small rear light. All four combined use a 15A fuse and that gives you a max of 160W for the four wires. I would try to keep them under a combined 90 or 100W max if you will be running any of them at the same time. DOn't try to max it out at 160W because most devices require more power to start up and you'll be blowing fuses all the time.

D

Deleted member 3748

If I read the wiring diagram correctly, the same fuse powers the accessory/lighter type socket in the dash. So, lots of ways to get over the 15amps.
Yeah. It wouldn't take much and that's why we use all those relays. :)

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the information you guys gave me. According to the different installation manuals fuzzygrub sent me, green Is winch, yellow is horn, white is work light, and red is backup lights. Seems there's more options out there but that requires another sub harness and then the option harness.
Thanks!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!