P1000m3 Underseat Cooling fan

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 7" fan does turn the rear foot wells into a furnace. Had a buddy wear flip flops on a summer evening ride and cooked his feet. This was when I had the fan pointed straight through. I revised my support bracket and angled the fan towards the passengers rear tire. It is a little better now but still gets hot for rear passengers.

Reactions: Tramguage1 and BWAF
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: elkguide and BWAF
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So just to finish up this thread... I purchased some 2" push in plastic vents. The package says just drill a 2" hole and push them in... well, sorta. If your hole saws drill like mine you will have a loose fit. I had better luck drilling smaller and filing to get the fit I wanted. I used 3 but left space for another near the driver side if I want more air there. I got them from amazon. Gives a finished look. I am still waiting for my fan speed controller.

FredD

Reactions: BWAF
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Someone here had the idea to use a auto window shade for under the seat. I thought it was a good idea and tried it. So far, it has worked out great and it's cheap. Under 20 bucks. I have a fan I'm thinking about installing too.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!