BOX1

P1000 Unit shuts off when put in high or low gear

B

Bshelton0820

Apr 12, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000 started fine went a couple hundred yards and shut down. Cranked back just fine put it in high gear and it shut off. It will run in reverse and when I finally got it to go in high gear it would not go over 15mph. My steering light and oil light come on every time it shuts down but I checked the oil level and I’m good their. Any help is appreciated

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Random thoughts:
1 - check the engine grounds and make sure they are tight. My machine would run then stall and I found out it was a loose engine ground (there are two on some models).
2 - was your seatbelt fastened? There's a governor that kicks in at 15 if you are not buckled in. If you were belted in, it may be a short in this system.
Hope this helps.

B

Bshelton0820

Apr 12, 2022
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll check the grounds.
move been riding it for about 3 weeks now without the seat belt and never had an issue. I appreciate the feedback

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!