P1000 Up grades?

T

TPWA83

Looking for advice on the tunes that are out there... what works well what doesn't. I am up in Washington state so we do a lot of mountain riding in the winter and go to the sand in the summer. The guys that i mentioned earlier they got RZRS and Can-Am's with a lot of power, so needless to say i am looking for more skinny peddle, Have you guys had any luck with whats out there for tunes? Or is there a different MOD out there that that can give more power?

Also if the Talon is a 1000 and the pioneer is a 1000 i know that the pioneer is like 72 hp and the Talon is 105 hp or something close to that, what is the difference? is there a way to get that power out of the pioneer?

really appreciate the help!!!

TP

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can make a bit more power out of a Pioneer but if you had Talon power in a Pioneer chassis it would be a lot to handle.

Reactions: CMB and Isaiah
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can make a bit more power out of a Pioneer but if you had Talon power in a Pioneer chassis it would be a lot to handle.

SHHHHHHHH🤫

@TPWA83
You can swap all the Talon motor parts in and plug in a Talon ECU. Shifts will be higher than Pioneer but adjustments to the DCT with a PV3 will take care of that.

Reactions: Isaiah and ChadD
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that’s a real bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s way beyond what it’s rated for and it holds up to it normally just not wide open throttle and the tires sticking to rock. That’s a good way to break something on any vehicle.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanacreek what about this little bit more power... lol i need what i can get!

Your best bet would be getting the PV3 and the auto tune for it, when the auto tune asks you to accept the changes do so. it’s added low end grunt to those who’ve used it and cooled the motor off by adjusting fuel ratios.

I wouldn’t trust these dark blurry videos claiming to prove insane improvements to the 1000. Everyone has 4K on their phones ....

Reactions: Isaiah
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Your best bet would be getting the PV3 and the auto tune for it, when the auto tune asks you to accept the changes do so. it’s added low end grunt to those who’ve used it and cooled the motor off by adjusting fuel ratios.

I wouldn’t trust these dark blurry videos claiming to prove insane improvements to the 1000. Everyone has 4K on their phones ....

I have a PV3.... I didn't know you could add autotune to it. I'm using the Dynojet tune. I assume I'd need to weld a bung to the exhaust for a wideband to use the autotune though

advertisement
T

TPWA83

Right now I am working on the dual battery kit and I got all the main leads done I got the true isolator kit and it has a relay and has a wire that is suppose to go to the “spare ignition activated ground. You guy know what/ where I am talking?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Right now I am working on the dual battery kit and I got all the main leads done I got the true isolator kit and it has a relay and has a wire that is suppose to go to the “spare ignition activated ground. You guy know what/ where I am talking?
The spare is not needed. Just tape it up and you're good. The other green and white wire needs ground.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!