P500 Upgrading the tunes!

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
After going deep (no homo) my little Kenwood amp let the smoke out so I decided to upgrade. The Boss marine radio has been a real trooper, it gets wet from washing and has been submerged and still works perfect so no change there. I modified my speaker box to add a small subwoofer and applied 2 coats of truck bedliner. Just need to get the amp wired up. It’s set up so I can unplug a few wires and remove the whole thing when hunting season rolls around. Boss round marine head unit, a pair of Rockville 2 way 8” and one Rockville 8” subwoofer, powered by a DS18 Hydro Nano 4ch 720 watt amp. Should be interesting

0EBF67B6 B33F 4A62 8F6F F6D6DAF932A6
75016F6A 6A26 4E39 8992 64E289F9D1D7
18CF8476 1353 4E33 AC22 95E83B02E6F4

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at your box Pete, looks like you have the sub blocked off from the other two speakers? Depending on how it sounds you could port that middle section for a little more thump. Sealed is better for sound quality but takes more power. You can get creative with chambers inside too. Again, depends on how it sounds. I've just built a lot of speaker boxes and thought I'd throw it out there.

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at your box Pete, looks like you have the sub blocked off from the other two speakers? Depending on how it sounds you could port that middle section for a little more thump. Sealed is better for sound quality but takes more power. You can get creative with chambers inside too. Again, depends on how it sounds. I've just built a lot of speaker boxes and thought I'd throw it out there.
That’s exactly what I have planned, I built the middle section according to their ported box size. I’m going to port it with a piece of pvc pipe.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
👆 👆👆👆TRUTH👆👆👆👆

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!