Used 2018 or New 2021

O

oconnor4635

Aug 14, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bought a 2018 1000-5 deluxe camo with 100 hrs on it. It runs good with a little wear and tear and peeling on the camo. A dealership called me and said that a new regular Green 1000-5 that I have been on the waiting list since March will be in this week. Im ready to start putting upgrades on something. Should I keep the 2018 or get the 2021 with a warranty? I think I can sell the camo and only pay $1500 towards the new one.
Thoughts?

DC3E9138 3253 4068 AFD1 BCC4F1E21D16

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The factory warranty isn’t very good in my opinion.

But, right now is the perfect time to upgrade to a newer machine. You could probably sell your camo one for really close to msrp.

Eventually this seller’s market will end when dealers start having machines in stock.

So, I have no idea……

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yep, what @toddvdh said.
one other thing you have to think about is that the base Green will have steel wheels and lesser grade tires on it. You cant make it a deluxe with green panels cuz they dont make them unless u want to change colors? Your 18’ has the panels already and nicer wheels. Now if ur gonna but new wheels than that wont matter lol.

You said 100hrs, how many miles?

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yep, what @TripleB said.
one other thing you have to think about is that the base Green will have steel wheels and lesser grade tires on it. You cant make it a deluxe with green panels cuz they dont make them unless u want to change colors? Your 18’ has the panels already and nicer wheels. Now if ur gonna but new wheels than that wont matter lol.

🤔....What did @TripleB say??? I swear if that phucker blocked me 🤬 .......😂😂😂😂😂

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I bought a 2018 1000-5 deluxe camo with 100 hrs on it. It runs good with a little wear and tear and peeling on the camo. A dealership called me and said that a new regular Green 1000-5 that I have been on the waiting list since March will be in this week. Im ready to start putting upgrades on something. Should I keep the 2018 or get the 2021 with a warranty? I think I can sell the camo and only pay $1500 towards the new one.
Thoughts?

View attachment 303670
If the camo is in good shape (looks good on pic) then I would lean towards the camo. Base comes stripped, naked!! Camo already has roof and flip up windshield at least. Like Remmy said, you can't buy green panels anymore and usually people pay more for camo panels anyways. DLX has L.E.D lights and the nicer 14" wheels too.

My 2 cents 👍

advertisement
O

oconnor4635

Aug 14, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yep, what @toddvdh said.

850 Miles

Reactions: Remington
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t make a decision based on warranty. The biggest complaint Honda mechanics have is that they don’t get to work on them. Get yourself a good full coverage skid plate, think seriously about upgrading tires to some 8 plys then ride it and enjoy. Later you can worry about shocks and all the other stuf.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!