P500 Using other brand wheels

C

CFECO

Aug 1, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone had luck using any other brand or style of wheels on their P5s? Are there quad wheels that fit? ETC? I’m just wondering because I constantly see old sets of wheels and tires people take off when they buy the latest and greatest. Thanks all, Happy Pioneering!

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone had luck using any other brand or style of wheels on their P5s? Are there quad wheels that fit? ETC? I’m just wondering because I constantly see old sets of wheels and tires people take off when they buy the latest and greatest. Thanks all, Happy Pioneering!
I know @WillyBill runs newer Wolverine wheels for more offset. I think pretty much any Yamaha SxS wheels work. 4-110 pattern with 12mm studs, so I don't think quad wheels work.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I know @WillyBill runs newer Wolverine wheels for more offset. I think pretty much any Yamaha SxS wheels work. 4-110 pattern with 12mm studs, so I don't think quad wheels work.
I think the newer YXZs have a different bolt pattern, but I swapped wheels between my P500 and Wolverine X2. The new X2 R-Spec SEs come with nice aluminum wheels and I've seen people selling them to go with 14" wheels and they were around $100.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think the newer YXZs have a different bolt pattern, but I swapped wheels between my P500 and Wolverine X2. The new X2 R-Spec SEs come with nice aluminum wheels and I've seen people selling them to go with 14" wheels and they were around $100.
Ah...I always forget about the YXZ for some reason.

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I used some old Brute Force rims. I had to drill out and taper the holes. So far I've put about 250kms on them with no troubles. I got the set of rims for $50 so if it didn't work out it wasn't a huge loss...
20190708 144655 Cid 266

Reactions: Isaiah and CFECO

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!