BOX1

Utah street legal..

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine is street legal in SD Taged, Insurance, I still have to ask in the difference City if it is ok to ride on the streets. Off road if they sell a sticker I buy it. Look into the FIRM (foundation for integrated resource management) was just in marysvale utah for the Jamboree and found out about this and they have a lot of good thing going on and some times the people that b**** a lot and get a few people to right a letter or sign a petition they get the road closed to us. and it does not take a lot.

Reactions: moparornocar
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is false. Only states that reciprocate with the state you are registered in. E.G. Illinois doesn't give a s*** what state your sxs is registered in. You can not run it on the road there. Georgia is the same as well as a few other states I'm aware of. If your state doesn't offer licenses for that particular vehicle, they will not honor your SD, Arizona, Montana etc sxs tag, even though SD consider it a motorcycle.

This is false.

I've run in Georgia with no issues.

I was told that there is a Federal reciprocity law that if you are legally registered and plated in one state it will be accepted in all 50 states. FL state trooper was the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparornocar
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is for street use maybe. But for off road or in the forest or BLM I will Buy the sticker to keep the OHV community in good standing.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
That is for street use maybe. But for off road or in the forest or BLM I will Buy the sticker to keep the OHV community in good standing.
Exactly! The more one can do to satisfy rules and regulations, the easier it becomes to broaden access. Blowing that off and riding anyway harms that. I'm working on obtaining every tag permit there is within areas I may wish to ride. I have SD, NM, OK, and AR so far.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Not only is there plenty of fudge room, officer discretion is a factor that no Sherrif can promise uniformity or consistency in amongst his deputies. You really find out what you're allowed to do that moment an LEO, pulls you over.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly! The more one can do to satisfy rules and regulations, the easier it becomes to broaden access. Blowing that off and riding anyway harms that. I'm working on obtaining every tag permit there is within areas I may wish to ride. I have SD, NM, OK, and AR so far.
What did you do to ride in AR on the road legally? the passed a bill not too long ago that outlawed SxS on the road - unless you can prove you are going from your property to your property (and a few other small exceptions)

Reactions: drfubar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
What did you do to ride in AR on the road legally? the passed a bill not too long ago that outlawed SxS on the road - unless you can prove you are going from your property to your property (and a few other small exceptions)
No no, @perry and I were discussing off road access permits, in that exchange.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Some things can be complex, and even perplexing to those with narrow attention spans. ;)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well heck ya, im glad thats cleared up:rolleyes:
@Tigermark Do you have a permit for AR off road use? I don't have one. @Montecresto were did you go to get one of those.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Your just all over the map here, hard to keepup. We just need the information your referring to for Arkansas.
We're talking about two subjects. The legality of both paved road and off road ATV/UTV access.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
@Tigermark Do you have a permit for AR off road use? I don't have one. @Montecresto were did you go to get one of those.
I notice enforcement of this is slack, I saw very few riders, both within and outside of our group at Mulberry that had them affixed to their SXS. It did seem that when LEO's were encountered, they were more concerned with people accessing unmarked unlawful trails than anything else.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I will go look there. I know AR might have a bill up this next session to make Sxs legal to ride on the road - well to get a permit for... Hoping it passes and writing representatives about all the time
I think the only reason to get a permit in AR is to pay the tax

NOTE: It is against the law to operate your ATV on public roads and highways in Arkansas. The only exemptions to this rule are if you need to cross the road for farming or hunting purposes, or you're outside city limits and need to get from one trail (or private property) to another.

To learn more about the laws relating to ATVs, read the Arkansas statute.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I think the only reason to get a permit in AR is to pay the tax

NOTE: It is against the law to operate your ATV on public roads and highways in Arkansas. The only exemptions to this rule are if you need to cross the road for farming or hunting purposes, or you're outside city limits and need to get from one trail (or private property) to another.

To learn more about the laws relating to ATVs, read the Arkansas statute.
Haha, that's for sure. Outside of city limits you may ride the roads to move yourself from one hunting area to another. Isn't there always something in season, lol?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is false.

I've run in Georgia with no issues.

I was told that there is a Federal reciprocity law that if you are legally registered and plated in one state it will be accepted in all 50 states. FL state trooper was the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida having more out of state vehicles than native he's absolutely correct, in Florida. Try that s*** in Illinois and tell me what impound auction your machine ends up at so I can buy your machine for 1500 bucks.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Individual counties in TN decide if utvs are allowed on the streets. State made sure to print that on the affidavit. And that's for residents. I can only imagine somebody driving one with out of state tags.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!