P500 Valve adjust problem

A

Azrider

Jan 10, 2016
So I spent all the time to get down to adjusting valves (seats removed, crank bolt cover,battery,etc) I have done this on other Hondas but what a job on this machine. When I tried to align the T mark my notch on case sits @ 5 o'clock and not at 3 or 9 so it is not possible to line up as usual. I was curious if anyone else has run across same problem

Reactions: pct
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So I spent all the time to get down to adjusting valves (seats removed, crank bolt cover,battery,etc) I have done this on other Hondas but what a job on this machine. When I tried to align the T mark my notch on case sits @ 5 o'clock and not at 3 or 9 so it is not possible to line up as usual. I was curious if anyone else has run across same problem
Haven't done a VA and don't plan on it unless or until it becomes hard to start, or any other sort of manifestation.

Reactions: trigger
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Saw this issue on another forum. Looks like they machined some incorrectly, kinda scary to think what else is that way, but you will prob have to make a new mark or guess where it should be. kinda crazy...I havent done my valve adjustment, hopefully dont have this issue.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Rotate your engine while watching the valves. When they are fully closed.....cam lobes off the valve, check and adjust.
Quick and simple

Reactions: pct

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!