P1000m5 Valve cover gasket - really one time use?

G

Ghaniba

Feb 2, 2019
Northeastern CT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Curious, is the valve cover gasket on a 2019 Honda pioneer really a single use gasket like the service manual calls out?

(Pic for fun)

Dave aka Ghan Ce06dbdf5cf9abddcb3810a48a82135b

Reactions: sharp
G

Ghaniba

Feb 2, 2019
Northeastern CT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've reused mine no problem.
Curious, doing anything strange? I did mine 3x so far, keeps leaking in a different spot. 7ftlbs as the service manual called out! Not even leaking at the damn half moon toward the front like I EXPECTED!

It's the first service on the sxs. Gasket looks and feels perfect. I've done valve adjustments on TONS of vehicles and never suffered like this! *scream*

Reactions: sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Curious, doing anything strange? I did mine 3x so far, keeps leaking in a different spot. 7ftlbs as the service manual called out! Not even leaking at the damn half moon toward the front like I EXPECTED!

It's the first service on the sxs. Gasket looks and feels perfect. I've done valve adjustments on TONS of vehicles and never suffered like this! *scream*
If i'm not mistaken, I believe there were dowels and it had to go on perfect or it wouldn't fully seat. Check for those and make sure the holes and dowels look good and use a mallet to tap around.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!