P700 Ventalation without removing the windshield

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
100 1871
Here's my newest project. I don't like the idea of removing my windshield and wipers etc just cause it's summer, although it's hotter and dust pours in. Well here's a solution, I hope you like it. You use an older style heater register from your house or buy a new one. I bought a newer one for my house and used the old one for my project since the old ones are stronger. You cut a hole in your roof the exact size of the inner vent. Then make a seal from foam. Screw it in place. Now you can open and close it from the drivers seat. You can add option 1. add a SxS Honda .com decal on the inside so it can be read when vent is open. I'll post photo's so you can see what I did.100 1860 100 1861 100 1862 100 1864 100 1866 100 1867 100 1869 100 1874 100 1875

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey Lynn you headed this way?

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
yea ' maybe next week. Is the snow gone where you ride? Can you send me a map even if it's a hand draw one? I think I kinda know where you ride.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The snow is gone from any road or trails except towards the top of Mt baldy or a couple other areas that don't matter. And yes I'll come up with something. Btw I like the vent idea. I was kicking over the idea of used sunroofs from cars but everything was just to big. It's going to be good to get ventilation up there for the summer! Great idea

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I like the idea. I was going to start a post about ideas for a moon roof, sun roof. How is it on wheather proof ?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd make it a little bigger and you could use it as a turret! I'm sure [HASHTAG]#CumminsPusher[/HASHTAG] probably has some electric motors sitting around. Or a bubble from a stratoforce would be great for hunting too.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I don't know yet, but I expect it will leak a few drops now and then , but I can live with that. I could rivet a lip on the edges to cover the seam or just tape the edges in winter time. I'll wait and see.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Air scoop!! I like it!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want one of these but... I ride in timber more often than not. I think I'd rip it off.

advertisement
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I'll know next week, I'm going to Elk River,ID to ride a few days and I'll let you know.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've got a very good idea with this lynn. I've been thinking about the same thing but I have been considering using a vent they use in a horse trailer. They have a lever you can move so it either opens to the front or the back. A lot of times in the trailer they have one open forward in the front and we one open to the rear in the back. I just haven't got the guts yet to cut holes in my roof.Replacement Exterior Pop-Up Roof Vent - Steel - 13-1/2" x 8" - Black Redline RV Vents and Fans 9106

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
You've got a very good idea with this lynn. I've been thinking about the same thing but I have been considering using a vent they use in a horse trailer. They have a lever you can move so it either opens to the front or the back. A lot of times in the trailer they have one open forward in the front and we one open to the rear in the back. I just haven't got the guts yet to cut holes in my roof.Replacement Exterior Pop-Up Roof Vent - Steel - 13-1/2" x 8" - Black Redline RV Vents and Fans 9106
Sounds like a great vent, go for it.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Well I got to test my vent, here's the deal, first day it rained of and on and it leaked on the right front corner a bit. No problem it got my wife wet not me so I'm fine with it. also it changed the conversation a bit from slow down, slow down and added I'm getting drops of water on me and slow down! Obviously my wife doesn't read my posts on this site. AS far as dust goes the next couple of days where dry and dusty, the vent worked great ,lots of fresh air but worked better with my rear slider closed as far as reducing the dust coming in.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at possibly doing something along the lines of this to my p500. Sounds as though you also have the rear of your cab covered too. Is that correct? My rear is not closed off, so not sure if venting will be enough to eliminate the negative pressure. Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looking at possibly doing something along the lines of this to my p500. Sounds as though you also have the rear of your cab covered too. Is that correct? My rear is not closed off, so not sure if venting will be enough to eliminate the negative pressure. Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated
It should be, I've heard of guys just putting a small vent in the windshield to eliminate the negative pressure so a big one like this should definitely do the trick

Reactions: Shadesmn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!