BOX1

Multi Viper Elite (Wireless)

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone else install the Motoalliance Viper Elite winch on there machine? Instruction say to power the wireless receiver to a “key-on” source, however, this means that you have to program the remote, to the receiver, every time you turn your quad off... Am I missing something? Should I power it to a constant source instead? What would the draw be...?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shouldn't "unprogram" let me check into this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KyleC
KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
It shouldn't "unprogram" let me check into this.

Thanks Rich! I also contacted MotoAlliance, was just curious if others experienced this (normal), or if I wired something incorrectly. Works perfect while running, after programming. The rocker switch fit perfectly into the plate purchased from Mystic too!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you talking about activating it each time?

I really cant find anything on programing. In fact it says each remote is programmed to the unit to prevent interference from other remotes.

Activating is a safety thing and must be done before each use so you dont which accidentally.

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are you talking about activating it each time?

I really cant find anything on programing. In fact it says each remote is programmed to the unit to prevent interference from other remotes.

Activating is a safety thing and must be done before each use so you dont which accidentally.

Probably. I was assuming that when I have to push the button on the receiver, that it was syncing... Did not think about considering it as activating and a safety thing.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pushing both buttons for 5 seconds is a safety thing.

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pushing both buttons for 5 seconds is a safety thing.

You mention both buttons, can I just hold down a button for 5 seconds on the remote in lieu of the receiver? I’m away from the machine currently to test.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure.
The info I have says both.

I have a wireless system for mine. But I havent installed it yet. Too many other projects.

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not sure.
The info I have says both.

I have a wireless system for mine. But I havent installed it yet. Too many other projects.

It was bugging me... ran out there. You do NOT have to use the receiver. If you hold down both buttons on the remote, for 5 seconds, it will activate. Works like a charm!! Thanks Rich!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Damn I took mine off because I thought I had to push the activate button each time I wanted to use it. I guess I'll reinstall it!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!