Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's cool! I ran into a little water over the weekend and forgot about my new non-waterproof Kicker amp and well...:oops::(
I open this door the next day and still heard water in it! lol. Used a screw driver to unplug drain hole and as you can see by the puddle it was at least half full!
View attachment 48586
Ordered a waterproof amp pxa500.1 Kicker and remote for bass control! Costs a little more but sometimes I don't think before I act! Also considering maybe a more permanent install for subs and loosing the box! Have to wait and see how it sounds with new amp

Oh Nooo! That sucks man! How did the subs fair? I wondered how that wide open install would go, I had considered it myself to just throw a box w/amp up on top of the toolbox. Sorry to hear that but glad I decided to go with a more permanent approach instead.
That RF sub that I bought has a bass controller on it too, nice to have some easy adjustment for different songs. You can see it mounted under my winch switch.
Bass Control knob

Reactions: rocmar and Jshell3
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Oh Nooo! That sucks man! How did the subs fair? I wondered how that wide open install would go, I had considered it myself to just throw a box w/amp up on top of the toolbox. Sorry to hear that but glad I decided to go with a more permanent approach instead.
That RF sub that I bought has a bass controller on it too, nice to have some easy adjustment for different songs. You can see it mounted under my winch switch.
View attachment 48677
Subs are fine, but the amp is gone:( I only had the opportunity to use it on one ride and it worked wonderfully! But everything happens for a reason and the sound system on the Beast continues to evolve. If I had about a grand I could get what I need and be done with it but I don't so...one piece at a time just have to take it ez on the crazy s***:rolleyes: Ya, like that's going to happen;)

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Been pondering....
bout adding another ...sound stream amp
to my system...then each seat...would
have its own 8"sub woofer..overhead...
ummmmmm

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I know where you can get a 150 watt 8" tube sub for $100! :D
No place for tube..but thanks..
if I did it..would do same as I
got..do another roof ....mount with
spacers...but roof is uneven....so gotta
figure out difference. ..

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW, I've been playing with the tune on mine since its last makeover. Turned the front speakers up just a little, tweaked the frequency on the sub amp, added a little more midrange. Have it to the point where 7 to 9 is adequate and comfortable, 13 to 15 hits hard and sounds best, anything from 18 to 25 rips your head off but still sounds pretty clear for such a tight space, it'll go to 30.
Two Boss 3" under dash, about 50w per channel RMS. Small cheap speakers but scream the highs.
Two 4" Noams on rear bar, 50w per. Cheap speakers again but fill the gap between highs and mids.
Two 6.5 SSV's overhead, 50w per. Produce solid midrange and touch on the mid bass frequencies.
Sealed Rockford Fosgate 10" sub. 300 RMS. All balls!
Total of 600 continuous watts and all speakers are within 2' of your head. Whatever you like to listen to sounds a little different on this system. Love it loud!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
FWIW, I've been playing with the tune on mine since its last makeover. Turned the front speakers up just a little, tweaked the frequency on the sub amp, added a little more midrange. Have it to the point where 7 to 9 is adequate and comfortable, 13 to 15 hits hard and sounds best, anything from 18 to 25 rips your head off but still sounds pretty clear for such a tight space, it'll go to 30.
Two Boss 3" under dash, about 50w per channel RMS. Small cheap speakers but scream the highs.
Two 4" Noams on rear bar, 50w per. Cheap speakers again but fill the gap between highs and mids.
Two 6.5 SSV's overhead, 50w per. Produce solid midrange and touch on the mid bass frequencies.
Sealed Rockford Fosgate 10" sub. 300 RMS. All balls!
Total of 600 continuous watts and all speakers are within 2' of your head. Whatever you like to listen to sounds a little different on this system. Love it loud!
Sounds like you’ve got quite a sound system with a few pennies in it, nice trigger.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Went further than I had planned to and don't crank it too often but better to have too much than not enough. You going to the takeover Monty?
Yeah I here ya, everything about my P5 is further than I planned lol. Negative on the takeover, I would enjoy that sometime but it’s always at the same time as nascar in Talladega which I’ve been doing since before there were SXS’s. Perhaps Richard moves the date at some future point.

Reactions: trigger
J

JTW

Yeah I here ya, everything about my P5 is further than I planned lol. Negative on the takeover, I would enjoy that sometime but it’s always at the same time as nascar in Talladega which I’ve been doing since before there were SXS’s. Perhaps Richard moves the date at some future point.
He won’t if you promise to be there!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What do you think, just right or not quite enough yet?

OMG, that’s sweet, great song too. Can you hear mama when she tells you to slow down on the trail. :D

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Now...here you go! Blast this on there when we’re blazing through the woods! Lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remi!!!!!! You’re a big kidder.
Lmao! It fits Trigger and I just right! We’re not gay! But We were doing the trek the mighty Mac and we were rocking out to weird crap like this....

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Poor @PistonHonda andnhis wife were riding in the back of my P1K5 and had to deal with the abuse the whole day lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lmao! It fits Trigger and I just right! We’re not gay! But We were doing the trek the mighty Mac and we were rocking out to weird crap like this....

Ha, I remember that too. We’re you turning Japanese?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!