Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Guess there's no better place to put this...
Been working on the stereo again. Changed out the SSV speakers in the overhead system with Infinity's. That was a pita to do as they were slightly bigger in size and bolt layout was different, had to use spacers to make it work but now there is 8 screws in each one, they're not going anywhere. Also changed out the 4" Noams with 5 1/4" Polk's in pods. That was a pita as well, through the roof with bolts, washers and rubber washers, custom spacers, had to cut down hardware, found out that baffles are bass killers. Made them sound really tight and clean but zero bass and less volume, it sounds better without them. Put it all together and rough wired it in to test the sound, sounds pretty clean. Was planning to put 5 1/4" pods under the dash next to the SSV's but did a test fit of the Noams and think I might utilize them up front instead, cross them over with the RF tweeters.
Anyway, all this adds up to better than it was before. As always, it's a work in progress.

Infinity and Pod Infinity Roof Infinitys and Pod

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Cool but........the very last time we discussed this you said emphatically that you were done.......I thought, lmao. :D:D:D

Pics look great!!!

I am, sort of. It's not like I'm adding any speakers, just replacing...so it's kind of like maintenance. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am, sort of. It's not like I'm adding any speakers, just replacing...so it's kind of like maintenance. ;)
Had to be some wire. Nevertheless, you might recall me telling you just very recently that if you ever do run out of mods :rolleyes:.....that you’d then start saying the mods need to be updated, made contemporary.....:D:D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had to be some wire. Nevertheless, you might recall me telling you just very recently that if you ever do run out of mods :rolleyes:.....that you’d then start saying the mods need to be updated, made contemporary.....:D:D

You did too, I remember! Well I'll be done with this round in a couple more weekends and then I'm going to start cutting some rubber for something to do. :)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You did too, I remember! Well I'll be done with this round in a couple more weekends and then I'm going to start cutting some rubber for something to do. :)
Or if this deep freeze we’re getting sticks around, you might need to install a heater and some soft doors to keep you warm when your plowing. That will keep you busy for a bit. Crazy change in Weather we’re getting here! Furnaces are workin OT and so am I :eek:

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or if this deep freeze we’re getting sticks around, you might need to install a heater and some soft doors to keep you warm when your plowing. That will keep you busy for a bit. Crazy change in Weather we’re getting here! Furnaces are workin OT and so am I :eek:
I was up on a mountain watching the Full Blood moon and it got down to 6* with the windchill. Fork was it cold!!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was up on a mountain watching the Full Blood moon and it got down to 6* with the windchill. Fork was it cold!!!
I was out on the deck last night checking out the blood moon it was -3 on the dial

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I be thinkin, that I be growin me beard back!

Reactions: Remington
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talk about POWER, I was standing below the outer rim of a intergalactic-space-modulating express-vortex conveyance while looking at the moon...It was powerful man....Far out dude! It even has a storage bay large enough for 15 talons with futuristic weaponry systems that I haven't even invented yet.....
IMG 0848

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Guess there's no better place to put this...
Been working on the stereo again. Changed out the SSV speakers in the overhead system with Infinity's. That was a pita to do as they were slightly bigger in size and bolt layout was different, had to use spacers to make it work but now there is 8 screws in each one, they're not going anywhere. Also changed out the 4" Noams with 5 1/4" Polk's in pods. That was a pita as well, through the roof with bolts, washers and rubber washers, custom spacers, had to cut down hardware, found out that baffles are bass killers. Made them sound really tight and clean but zero bass and less volume, it sounds better without them. Put it all together and rough wired it in to test the sound, sounds pretty clean. Was planning to put 5 1/4" pods under the dash next to the SSV's but did a test fit of the Noams and think I might utilize them up front instead, cross them over with the RF tweeters.
Anyway, all this adds up to better than it was before. As always, it's a work in progress.

View attachment 103465 View attachment 103467 View attachment 103468
Looks good!:cool:

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can't just leave it alone so ordered some more stuff. When I installed the SSV pods under the dash they came with 6.5's. Then I added 1" RF tweeters on the dash and put crossovers under the hood. Kind of a make shift component set up but not really with the 6.5's having a tweeter in them. Also I can only use two channels of the Alpine amp to drive them, 45 watts rms per channel.
Anyway, just ordered some Infinity components. They're 90 watts rms and I can bridge the amp, that's perfect. Had a set of Kappa's back in the day and they were the best car speakers I've ever heard. Listening to songs you've heard a thousand times and hear subtle sh** you've never heard before. This thing already sounds killer but these will take it to another level. 🤘

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!