P500 Walker Evans Shock Review part 2

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Nice! I can't remember anyone disconnecting it and then hooking it back up? Most, including myself say they wished they had done it when they brought it home.
Left my house and drove about 2 miles up a gravel washboard road with 10psi in my Ripsaw Rt tire, stock shocks and sway bar connected, pretty rough ride. Drove up that same road today with 5psi in the tires, WE front shocks installed at 4 clicks up from the softest setting, and sway bar disconnected..felt like I was driving a Cadillac! A great thanks to everyone on this forum, still have a few things left to do.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Left my house and drove about 2 miles up a gravel washboard road with 10psi in my Ripsaw Rt tire, stock shocks and sway bar connected, pretty rough ride. Drove up that same road today with 5psi in the tires, WE front shocks installed at 4 clicks up from the softest setting, and sway bar disconnected..felt like I was driving a Cadillac! A great thanks to everyone on this forum, still have a few things left to do.
Which springs do you have in your WE shocks ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Nice! I'm sure those WE are making a difference and I know disconnecting that sway bar did. Next to disconnecting the reverse lever, has to be the easiest and most rewarding free mod ever.

Reactions: JCart and Derail
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Which springs do you have in your WE shocks ?
Not sure, guess they are the heavier springs that they first came out with. I'll be heading to Idaho deer hunting in a couple of weeks, to impatient and not enough time left on getting the final report from jay_man on the lighter springs. Forgot to mention I set the rear stock shocks at the softest level. As for the kind of riding I do, think I'll take jay_man's advise and forgo the WE rear shocks for now. It was rear WE shocks or hay for the wife's horses..wife won!!

Reactions: Derail
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure, guess they are the heavier springs that they first came out with. I'll be heading to Idaho deer hunting in a couple of weeks, to impatient and not enough time left on getting the final report from jay_man on the lighter springs. Forgot to mention I set the rear stock shocks at the softest level. As for the kind of riding I do, think I'll take jay_man's advise and forgo the WE rear shocks for now. It was rear WE shocks or hay for the wife's horses..wife won!!
Even with the the 250lb springs,its an amazing difference from those stock pogo sticks .

Reactions: Derail
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My shocks arrived today. I am gonna wait for Jay's testing is done before I install them just in case I decide to switch the springs. Anxious to install them but it won't kill me to wait a few more days. Like the old Tom Petty song says...."the waiting is the hardest part". HA HA

Reactions: trigger and chrisC
Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
I know everyone has been patiently waiting for my review on all four shocks together so here it is. Make sure to watch till the end for an announcement on how you guys can find out more about the performance of the shocks. Enjoy!

Great write up on we shocks, what windshield is that?

Reactions: jay_man81

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!