P500 Walker Evans shocks for P500

wyliechief

wyliechief

Dec 29, 2014
Rosamond, CA
Just went for a ride today after installing all four Walker Evans shocks. Put them through a good work out and dialed them in for my riding area/style. Super impressed with them. Only issue I have is with the rear shock reservoirs and how to mount them with a single hose clamp on the rear A-frame arms. Worried about them coming loose and dangling around the CV's. Any one have a better solution?

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just went for a ride today after installing all four Walker Evans shocks. Put them through a good work out and dialed them in for my riding area/style. Super impressed with them. Only issue I have is with the rear shock reservoirs and how to mount them with a single hose clamp on the rear A-frame arms. Worried about them coming loose and dangling around the CV's. Any one have a better solution?
I cut a couple of pieces of rubber to put between the reservoirs and the top frame tubes. Seems to be doing OK with this setup

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

24F95668 F032 418E B825 73C9A5DC8273

Reactions: wyliechief
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Mounted mine the same place as Derail only ran my steel lines on the inside to protect them a bit better from limbs and brush. My P5 is my trail making machine...lol

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted mine the same place as Derail only ran my steel lines on the inside to protect them a bit better from limbs and brush. My P5 is my trail making machine...lol
I considered running my lines on the inside but wanted to keep the left one as far away from that hot muffler as possible. So far have had no issues and a large percentage of my riding is done in the woods where there are no trails.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I considered running my lines on the inside but wanted to keep the left one as far away from that hot muffler as possible. So far have had no issues and a large percentage of my riding is done in the woods where there are no trails.

"Roads....where we're going we don't need roads." - Doc

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Question for you suspension guys...
Saw in another thread, someone said you could adjust the camber on the front wheels by adjusting the preload on the shocks? When I mounted the WE I set the preload to give me the same ride height as the stockers. The problem is that I swear the tops are tipped in more than they were before. Can I adjust this out with the shocks? Would I put more or less to push the tops out? What would be the ideal camber, tipped in just a little?
Sorry if these are stupid questions but suspension's just not my thing.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Question for you suspension guys...
Saw in another thread, someone said you could adjust the camber on the front wheels by adjusting the preload on the shocks? When I mounted the WE I set the preload to give me the same ride height as the stockers. The problem is that I swear the tops are tipped in more than they were before. Can I adjust this out with the shocks? Would I put more or less to push the tops out? What would be the ideal camber, tipped in just a little?
Sorry if these are stupid questions but suspension's just not my thing.
Never a stupid....question
..ya dont know...wat ya dont
...know.
only way..is to ask
..I do know..only adjustment on
tie rod...is front & back of tire..
none for...top & bottom..of tire
Top & bottom of tire..is set..
by..a-arm position

Reactions: trigger
DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
There is VDO on You Tube about these shocks... I will be ordering next month....

DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Never a stupid....question
..ya dont know...wat ya dont
...know.
only way..is to ask
..I do know..only adjustment on
tie rod...is front & back of tire..
none for...top & bottom..of tire
Top & bottom of tire..is set..
by..a-arm position
Top and bottom would be camber....
Guess it was a stupid question. :rolleyes:
look for adjustments by the ball joint at the A frame

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
1) this is old, and it kind of freaks me out when I see the 'BadCo' avatar show up.

2) Camber is not adjustable stock. The camber changes a little with suspension travel so changing the ride height may change the camber a little. But you are better off setting the ride height and accepting the camber you get than the other way around.

3) There may be ways to make an adjustable camber, but why?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
1) this is old, and it kind of freaks me out when I see the 'BadCo' avatar show up.

2) Camber is not adjustable stock. The camber changes a little with suspension travel so changing the ride height may change the camber a little. But you are better off setting the ride height and accepting the camber you get than the other way around.

You got that right, freaks me out too. Also quoted my question which, since then, I've torn the whole front end apart and know every nut and bolt in it.

DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

Well on a car ....camber out of adjustment not only effects steering... it absolutely effects tire wear... wheels with the tops tilted in tend to wear out the inside of the tire pretty quickly, and conversely, tilted out wears the outside quickly... on newer cars with struts camber is set with the strut... on older cars shims and or cams were used to set camber.... in fact the ball joints will also effect camber...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The camber changes a little with suspension travel so changing the ride height may change the camber a little.

Absolutely right! After installing arched A arms and 28's, I noticed the the tops of the tires slightly leaning outward. Took some of the preload off the shocks and it straightened it out. You're like an engineer or something! 😏

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

Sorry for off topic, bit the BadCo brought Rocmor to mind as well. Still have the petrified rock he sent. RIP Sir.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Ordering mine this Wednesday! I truly hope they are worth the expense... $1,190.00..... thats between oooooo and ouch....
Let us know how ya like them when you get them installed.. Do like a first ride review

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ordering mine this Wednesday! I truly hope they are worth the expense... $1,190.00..... thats between oooooo and ouch....
You'll like them!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!