jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was thinking that as well. But if the 200s balance out better i figured id give them a shot over the 175s...not sure how much stiffer theyd be with the plow off and then adjusted softer vs 175s at a normal setting
I think you will be fine. Like others said you may just need to run the preload higher and set the shocks to full stiff. And plowing is a smaller amount of seat time then trail riding.

Reactions: Shadesmn
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If the plow drops the front a bit more then you like you could adjust up the preload a bit.Thats what sets the ride height anyways?
I'm guessing you'll only have the plow on in the driveway and not rough areas?
I'd guess all springs softer than the 250lb ones are eibach red? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
All the ones they had me test were red eibach ones. That was 175, 200, and 225lb one’s.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Called WE today, even though it hasn't been three weeks yet. As stated before, I have no patience. Guess what has been shipped already and are due to arrive on Saturday? That's right! :D
Hopefully that means mine are not far behind then. I think i ordered mine about three days after you.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Woo hoo, christmas in February today. Shocks showed up along with my l track tie downs for my aluminum rear box.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I got a surprise today too, weren't suppose to show up until tomorrow.
Shocks
Did they send you any stickers? Never understood why some companies wouldn't throw some 50 cent stickers in the box to get the free advertising.
Springs will be going black tomorrow.

Reactions: jay_man81
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I got a surprise today too, weren't suppose to show up until tomorrow.
View attachment 63861
Did they send you any stickers? Never understood why some companies wouldn't throw some 50 cent stickers in the box to get the free advertising.
No i didnt see any stickers in mine either...:(

C

Chooglin

They are the Eibach 175 lb. springs and looks like taking them off the shock will be super easy.
For some.reason I thought they were the 200 lb springs !

They use 175 front and 200 rear ?

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
They are the Eibach 175 lb. springs and looks like taking them off the shock will be super easy.
Just unscrew the preload, pop the retaining clip off, and off they come. The nice things about these being shorter is you don’t have to mess with ratchet straps or some other sketchy means of taking the tension off like I had to with the heavier springs...lol.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just unscrew the preload, pop the retaining clip off, and off they come. The nice things about these being shorter is you don’t have to mess with ratchet straps or some other sketchy means of taking the tension off like I had to with the heavier springs...lol.

I remembered that and went back to watch it again. I've found myself going back and watching other videos you've done too. Good sh** jay!

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Springs will be going black tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Well...any progress on the spring color..its waaayyy too damn cold here to work in the garage so mine will have to wait a bit unfortunately :(

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well...any progress on the spring color..its waaayyy too damn cold here to work in the garage so mine will have to wait a bit unfortunately :([/QUOTE]

You got that right, been snowing and blowing here too. I fired up the heater though and got one coat on yesterday, snapped a pic for a visual. Hit them with a heavy second coat today. Gloss black. :cool:

Black Springs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!