Did ,,,,someone say ......old timer

Reactions: rocmar
mack63

mack63

Oct 28, 2016
ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I replaced all four of my shocks with WE last fall and it was worth the $1,000 I paid. I've only put 200 miles on them at Hatfield McCoy but the ride was much better. My wife barely had to hang on even riding at a fast pace. We were less tired after two days of riding then the rest of our group was riding RZR's.

As far as buying fronts only vs. all four...I noticed way less bounce from the rear end when hitting bumps at speed compared to stock rears.

Let us know your thoughts after you get some miles on them.

Reactions: trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger, so i too am growing impatient waiting on a reply so will probably call later today. Did you just ask for the forum discount then when you ordered?

H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger, so i too am growing impatient waiting on a reply so will probably call later today. Did you just ask for the forum discount then when you ordered?
Shadesman i called we and got the discount. i told them i emailed them about the discount and no answer. so he gave the discount. 4 shocks on the way

Reactions: Shadesmn
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Man, I'm off the forum for a few days and miss everyones questions...lol. Sorry guys!!

You guys that are buying are going to really appreiciate them.

I may have mentioned this before but before the snow hit a friend of mine bought a P5 (left over 16') and we went for a ride. For kicks and giggles we switched just so I could compare the ride now that Ive gotten several hundred miles on the WE and have forgotten what the stock shocks were like. Needless to say...I don't remember the stockers being that rough...lol. So glad I got the WE!

I also had a hard time getting my friend to give me back my P5!

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@jay_man81, maybe you would know, are the different colors for the different spring rates on the coils? And if so did you run the 200lb in your tests i dont recall. I do run a plow and wonder if the 200 might be better than 175 with the added weight from that even though its only seasonal

I did test 200lb springs but didn't film that part. Also did 225lb. When I did the 200's I added about 70lbs to the front of my machine to simulate a plow and they did just fine with the compression turned up on the high side. Around 8 clicks up from full soft. To me the 175's felt just a bit to soft for that weight and made the front feel like it was nose diving.

I know you already ordered so hope I didn't make you regret your decision if you only got the 175. The should still be find if you turn the compression to full stiffness and adjust the preload up a bit. The 200 just seems to be a better fit for plowing.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Told them ' I was a member of hondasxs and heard they were giving them to us at $249 plus shipping '. Said he didn't know anything about it then went and asked somebody. Came back and said ' yeah we can do that '. That's the deal you got too right?

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
A bit to me yes. Setting the compression stiffer works great when your wanting a stiffer ride during a ride but when your shocks are constanly compressed with the weight of the plow, the stiffer setting doesn't do much unless your plowing really rough terrrain that gives the shock the chance to extend then compress again.

Mind you I didn't do extensive testing cause I don't have a plow and just had sand bags thrown of the front of the machine with the hood off...lol. Again it wasn't awfull but the 200lb just felt better without making the ride much stiffer unloaded. I did keep my tire pressure at 5lb which could have contributed to it as well.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Told them ' I was a member of hondasxs and heard they were giving them to us at $249 plus shipping '. Said he didn't know anything about it then went and asked somebody. Came back and said ' yeah we can do that '. That's the deal you got too right?
Yes i got them for 249 plus shipping

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
A bit to me yes. Setting the compression stiffer works great when your wanting a stiffer ride during a ride but when your shocks are constanly compressed with the weight of the plow, the stiffer setting doesn't do much unless your plowing really rough terrrain that gives the shock the chance to extend then compress again.

Mind you I didn't do extensive testing cause I don't have a plow and just had sand bags thrown of the front of the machine with the hood off...lol. Again it wasn't awfull but the 200lb just felt better without making the ride much stiffer unloaded. I did keep my tire pressure at 5lb which could have contributed to it as well.
So you think i should call them and switch to the 200lb? Im fine with doing that, espescially if i end up with not red coils as a bonus. Just dont want the 200 to be too stiff for the rest if the recreational use. If you think they'll be good without the plow load im fully ok with calling to have them do the 200s

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So you think i should call them and switch to the 200lb? Im fine with doing that, espescially if i end up with not red coils as a bonus. Just dont want the 200 to be too stiff for the rest if the recreational use. If you think they'll be good without the plow load im fully ok with calling to have them do the 200s

I have a plow too but won't be doing much riding with it on. I figure I'll crank them up for plow season and then back down for trail riding. Just once I'd like to feel the front too soft on the trail. ;)

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I have a plow too but won't be doing much riding with it on. I figure I'll crank them up for plow season and then back down for trail riding. Just once I'd like to feel the front too soft on the trail. ;)
I was thinking that as well. But if the 200s balance out better i figured id give them a shot over the 175s...not sure how much stiffer theyd be with the plow off and then adjusted softer vs 175s at a normal setting

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was thinking that as well. But if the 200s balance out better i figured id give them a shot over the 175s...not sure how much stiffer theyd be with the plow off and then adjusted softer vs 175s at a normal setting

Don't forget that the dude told me they were doing some valving changes. Sounds like they may have been doing some R&D and got them figured out.

Reactions: Shadesmn
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
If the plow drops the front a bit more then you like you could adjust up the preload a bit.Thats what sets the ride height anyways?
I'm guessing you'll only have the plow on in the driveway and not rough areas?
I'd guess all springs softer than the 250lb ones are eibach red? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Don't forget that the dude told me they were doing some valving changes. Sounds like they may have been doing some R&D and got them figured out.

That’s true. I forgot they changed the valving so it’s hard to say how that changed the way the shocks are.

advertisement