P500 Walker Evans shocks for P500

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
That, I don't know. I would try contacting them throught their section here on the forum first and ask.
Where abouts would that be on here to contact them? The sponsors links on the main page?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wonder how much of a pita it's going to be to paint those springs? I know they want their product to stick out but I'm not putting anything red on this rig.
Probably not bad, mark the shock, loosen them all the way, I bet you can compress spring enough by hand to pull the clip. My shocks came black front, gray rear???

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With two threads going on the WE and the one about the Elka's, I'm getting the itch! :rolleyes:
Either one would be a huge improvement or should I say, first time you'll will have shocks on your P5. I've got Elka's, great shocks. If I lived in Canada, I'd get Elka's, US - WE. Just because of shipping and border tax. I paid $ 99.00 in tax.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, not having the virtue of patience, I called WE this morning and placed an order for a set of fronts. I also told them that their profile page is showing some action and they may want to check that out. They stated that they come with the 175 lb. springs and I asked if they were going to be grey. He said no they'll be red like pictured on the website. Told him the fronts are pictured grey not red and he then verified that yes they are pictured grey but would in fact be red, oh well. He also stated that they are adding some valving updates to these shocks and I said ' oh should I wait then ', he said no that these updates would be incorporated into mine. They did give me a discount, $249 each plus shipping, better than a sharp stick in the eye. After ordering he stated that my card wouldn't be charged until they shipped and that would take about three weeks. Now I wait and as stated...ugh!

C

Chooglin

Well, not having the virtue of patience, I called WE this morning and placed an order for a set of fronts. I also told them that their profile page is showing some action and they may want to check that out. They stated that they come with the 175 lb. springs and I asked if they were going to be grey. He said no they'll be red like pictured on the website. Told him the fronts are pictured grey not red and he then verified that yes they are pictured grey but would in fact be red, oh well. He also stated that they are adding some valving updates to these shocks and I said ' oh should I wait then ', he said no that these updates would be incorporated into mine. They did give me a discount, $249 each plus shipping, better than a sharp stick in the eye. After ordering he stated that my card wouldn't be charged until they shipped and that would take about three weeks. Now I wait and as stated...ugh!
I am looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are , once you have a few miles on them !

Reactions: trigger
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Did they say if the grey was even an option? I very much would prefer that over the red for a camo machine...but if i have to paint them i guess that's what ill do..

advertisement
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@jay_man81, maybe you would know, are the different colors for the different spring rates on the coils? And if so did you run the 200lb in your tests i dont recall. I do run a plow and wonder if the 200 might be better than 175 with the added weight from that even though its only seasonal

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
They use more than one brand of coil springs. The different coil manufacturers use different colors. My front shocks originally came with the heavy front springs and they were grey. The lighter rate replacement springs that they sent me were from a different manufacturer and they were red.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
What are you hoping to achieve with these WE s ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Did they say if the grey was even an option? I very much would prefer that over the red for a camo machine...but if i have to paint them i guess that's what ill do..

Grey was not an option. I said something about painting them and he said the paint would probably crack. I'm actually considering removing the springs and having them powder coated black.

Reactions: Shadesmn
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What are you hoping to achieve with these WE s ?

A smoother ride, better control. I got into a patch of roots or rocks or something awhile back that I didn't see coming and it was a bucking bronco, scared the sh** out of me. If I could've made ground contact even a second sooner with better shocks it's worth it.

Reactions: rocmar
H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
trigger nice on the discount.every bit helps on these sxs.now i have to wait and see if they shut down the government.ill know tomorrow.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After you get your front WE installed and do some riding you will start to wonder how much better your P5 would handle with rear shocks and you will drive the thought out of your mind but it will keep coming back and staying longer and longer, won't take to long before it's all you can think about, Back ones are a comin, back ones are a comin and Granny going for a ride. HA!

advertisement