rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
When you drive it at RRB you can make your own conclusion. Just don't wreck it or M1A1 is mine! :D
I would think..with your snow plow
...you'd notice..the better shock...more
than a ride...if your travel only expands
an inch..different than stock...
IMO...
To me...more travel..is wat smooths
the ride...
I'm swappin..back to front
....messing with adjustments. .
waiting to hear....how they...work out

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
When you drive it at RRB you can make your own conclusion. Just don't wreck it or M1A1 is mine! :D
Had a few jeeps..international scout "67"
I tried several shocks...springs..because
they all rode...like a bucket of bolts..
The short wheelbase..has alot to do
..with that...
IMO...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Well, not having the virtue of patience, I called WE this morning and placed an order for a set of fronts. I also told them that their profile page is showing some action and they may want to check that out. They stated that they come with the 175 lb. springs and I asked if they were going to be grey. He said no they'll be red like pictured on the website. Told him the fronts are pictured grey not red and he then verified that yes they are pictured grey but would in fact be red, oh well. He also stated that they are adding some valving updates to these shocks and I said ' oh should I wait then ', he said no that these updates would be incorporated into mine. They did give me a discount, $249 each plus shipping, better than a sharp stick in the eye. After ordering he stated that my card wouldn't be charged until they shipped and that would take about three weeks. Now I wait and as stated...ugh!

Cha Ching....
...I'm done
cha Ching...
...I'm done
cha Ching...
...I'm Done
hahahahahaha
This story.....continues
& I bet the words Cha Ching...
are spoken...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Had a few jeeps..international scout "67"
I tried several shocks...springs..because
they all rode...like a bucket of bolts..
The short wheelbase..has alot to do
..with that...
IMO...

Yeah I'm sure it'll never ride like a cadillac but I've bottomed this thing out so bad that I thought I broke my spine and had it bouncing around like a rubber ball. Something has to be better than what it's got now. I'm hoping for better articulation through the technical stuff more than anything. The power steering wasn't cheap either but glad I did it now. I plan to keep this machine until it pukes or I do, don't want to have to put this stuff on after it gets rusty. :D

Reactions: chrisC
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
A smoother ride, better control. I got into a patch of roots or rocks or something awhile back that I didn't see coming and it was a bucking bronco, scared the sh** out of me. If I could've made ground contact even a second sooner with better shocks it's worth it.
OK , I would go if they were a guaranteed smoother ride but I don't think they are so keep us posted

C

Chooglin

@trigger I really think your going to be glad you bought them , it's alot of money but I bet the improved ride will be well worth it.

I want to take you up on your offer , at least let me ride shot gun , so I can get a feel for the W.E. shocks.

The locker is at the top of my list for now and possibly PS if needed after the locker install..........it's looking like I will be keeping the 500 for awhile !!!!!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I'm sure it'll never ride like a cadillac but I've bottomed this thing out so bad that I thought I broke my spine and had it bouncing around like a rubber ball. Something has to be better than what it's got now. I'm hoping for better articulation through the technical stuff more than anything. The power steering wasn't cheap either but glad I did it now. I plan to keep this machine until it pukes or I do, don't want to have to put this stuff on after it gets rusty. :D
Yeah..I slammed mine...1/2 a dozen times..
mostly my 1st..... 6 months.
I'm keeping mine...as well..
hope it..works for ya..do a test vid..
before & after...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger I really think your going to be glad you bought them , it's alot of money but I bet the improved ride will be well worth it.

I want to take you up on your offer , at least let me ride shot gun , so I can get a feel for the W.E. shocks.

The locker is at the top of my list for now and possibly PS if needed after the locker install..........it's looking like I will be keeping the 500 for awhile !!!!!

It was no BS when i said you'd be driving it, you'll be able to check out the PS and the shocks that way. Locker is on my list too and I hate to admit it but @Smitty335 is probably right that the rears will gnaw at me until I get them. Glad to hear that you're keeping it for awhile, you and that machine gave me a lot of ideas and inspiration. Cost me a lot of damn money too! :rolleyes:

Reactions: rocmar and Chooglin
U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
So question for those of you with these Walker Evans front shocks. I definitely need a smoother ride on the trails, have bottomed out on the “whoops”. I also will carry a passenger at time and use the bucket on the front of my P5. What weight springs would you suggest, 200 or 225?

2fa88fa375e7a19246df31ab32a86e98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Cha Ching....
...I'm done
cha Ching...
...I'm done
cha Ching...
...I'm Done
hahahahahaha
This story.....continues
& I bet the words Cha Ching...
are spoken...

Lol, yeah I know. I poured time and money into my house for years to get it to where I wanted it. Now that's done and it seems as if this is my new obsession. I'm past the point of no return now so I might as well take it as far as I can. Has to be the most expensive P5 on the planet, if not then I want to meet the guy that's the bigger dumb ass than me. Btw...now I'm done. :D

Reactions: rocmar
advertisement
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger, good news. I just spoke to a friend of mine that owns a custom body shop and he said they paint coils all the time and have never had a problem. Scuff them a bit and base/clear them. Thinking i may try plastidip myself first just for sake of trying, and paint later if it dont hold up

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, yeah I know. I poured time and money into my house for years to get it to where I wanted it. Now that's done and it seems as if this is my new obsession. I'm past the point of no return now so I might as well take it as far as I can. Has to be the most expensive P5 on the planet, if not then I want to meet the guy that's the bigger dumb ass than me. Btw...now I'm done. :D
HaHa....no you aint...those beefy
Rhino axles..would look..tits on your
machine...to enhance your spendy....
shocks...haha
it's kool bro...it's your deal
Counting my crash..I'm over 4k
& I'm not done....either...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking i may try plastidip myself first just for sake of trying,

Funny you say that because I thought about it too. Didn't think it would hold up very well being in that area so I bailed on the idea. Glad to hear that paint holds though, I'll probably end up going that route. Thanks Shade.

Reactions: Shadesmn
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
HaHa....no you aint...those beefy
Rhino axles..would look..tits on your
machine...to enhance your spendy....
shocks...haha
it's kool bro...it's your deal
Counting my crash..I'm over 4k
& I'm not done....either...

Not really a question about the shocks, I'm going to get a set if I keep the little Donkey.

Question for rocmar, why...do...you.... put.....dots....after every.....other .........word? Just curious o_O

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not really a question about the shocks, I'm going to get a set if I keep the little Donkey.

Question for rocmar, why...do...you.... put.....dots....after every.....other .........word? Just curious o_O
Easy, he has ..... running out his butt! HA! I think it's morse code.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

The dot button is stuck on his keyboard and he types fast! :D

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

That's how I type....
...just me
Use to stutter ..as a youth...
HONDASXS CLUB...
allows you to be..who you are
....accept it....or hit ignore button
.....sorry something...like that bothers you
here you have a Choice...
Have a Great Day...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

It's not every ...other word.
if you were tryin...to
..mimick it. There's 4,466 post
to reference. ...
....you need to practice..
one of my many flaws...
as a person...I'll try & be...
flawless....next time around.
.....hehehehe..

Last edited:
Reactions: 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's not every ...other word.
if you were tryin...to
..mimick it. There's 4,466 post
to reference. ...
....you need to practice..
one of my many flaws...
as a person...I'll try & be...
flawless....next time around.
.....hehehehe..

Doesn't bother....me. ....was just curious.....that's all....thought maybe there.....was a reason or.....story behind it.....I'll practice ...it....for a bit ;)

Anyway, back to the shocks..... looks like I'll be ordering a set once I get the property & income taxes paid.

I was seriously considering replacing the lil' Donkey with a Can-Am Mav Trail but think I'll give it a year or two for them to work the bugs out. We had a Outlander 400 and while it was a great handling quad the quality was suspect, definitely not up to Honda standards.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Doesn't bother....me. ....was just curious.....that's all....thought maybe there.....was a reason or.....story behind it.....I'll practice ...it....for a bit ;)

Anyway, back to the shocks..... looks like I'll be ordering a set once I get the property & income taxes paid.

I was seriously considering replacing the lil' Donkey with a Can-Am Mav Trail but think I'll give it a year or two for them to work the bugs out. We had a Outlander 400 and while it was a great handling quad the quality was suspect, definitely not up to Honda standards.

That's kool....
give us a review...
IMO... CanAm
Maverick. ..BadAss
group ride with a few...
impressive. ...
P5...fits our needs. ..
Desert Trail Riding...
Oldtimers....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!