Warn Axon 55-S

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've read the manual front to back several times, there doesn't seem to be a "troubleshooting" section. My winch powers out just fine, but it won't power in, even under zero load. The main switch and the handheld blink a red light whenever I try. I doubt it's a wiring problem simply because it was so easy. both red and black are connected directly to my auxiliary battery, which has plenty of power. Any ideas on how I might fix this?

Reactions: Smitty335
R

Rickbash

Jan 15, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've read the manual front to back several times, there doesn't seem to be a "troubleshooting" section. My winch powers out just fine, but it won't power in, even under zero load. The main switch and the handheld blink a red light whenever I try. I doubt it's a wiring problem simply because it was so easy. both red and black are connected directly to my auxiliary battery, which has plenty of power. Any ideas on how I might fix this?
I'm having the exact same problem with my 55-s, just happened today and I have literally only ever stretched out the cable. Did you ever get the problem resolved. And how long did it take for them to send your winch back to you

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm having the exact same problem with my 55-s, just happened today and I have literally only ever stretched out the cable. Did you ever get the problem resolved. And how long did it take for them to send your winch back to you
I called them, explained the problem, and with a couple days I had a pre-paid box in my mailbox to send it back to them. A tech called me about a week later to explain the problem, he replaced the motor and mailed it back. the whole process took about two weeks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!