lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
What is the purpose of flattening one end and pounding the sleeves into the push tubes?

On the p500 application the push tubes have there highest loading at the back where the adapter brackets bolt on.
The adapter brackets are offset some and put a bending load in to the push tubes (especially when you whack a stump hidden in the snow)
The tube in a tube is a low cost way to improve the bending load the tubes can resist.
The inner tube is a lose fit but the push tube will flex some before it buckles.
Having the inner tube helps spread out the load.

I'm sure the push tubes are used on other applications.
With less offset on the adapter bracket there is less bending load and there would be no need for the inner tube.

Take the time to insert them.

Reactions: rtn001
harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
I told you it was a bear. I was alone. It's good you didn't have to remove the winch, congratulations. I don't see a reason for flattening the the tubes, I think they feel it will make them stay better. I feel the inside tubes increase the strength. I ovaled them and drove them all the way in. Just like they said.
You do have a winch on your 500?

harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Aug 22, 2018
Alto, NM
Ownership

1. 500
My Bad, I see the winch. Have you adjusted the reverse lever, so you don't have to pull it every time you go into reverse? It's a 5 minute adjustment and is wonderful plowing.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
On the p500 application the push tubes have there highest loading at the back where the adapter brackets bolt on.
The adapter brackets are offset some and put a bending load in to the push tubes (especially when you whack a stump hidden in the snow)
The tube in a tube is a low cost way to improve the bending load the tubes can resist.
The inner tube is a lose fit but the push tube will flex some before it buckles.
Having the inner tube helps spread out the load.

I'm sure the push tubes are used on other applications.
With less offset on the adapter bracket there is less bending load and there would be no need for the inner tube.

Take the time to insert them.
Wow thanks for that great info. I was planning on using them, and now definitely will!

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
My Bad, I see the winch. Have you adjusted the reverse lever, so you don't have to pull it every time you go into reverse? It's a 5 minute adjustment and is wonderful plowing.
I have not, but will definitely look into it.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all ...looking to buy a Warn plow but really liking the KFI mounting plate and the only thing stopping me is the mounting plate on the WARN..I hear it's a 4 hr job !
I have the kfi winch mount high will it be easier for me to mount the Warn plate considering i have the winch mounted high or is it going to be a 4 hr job just to mount ..

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all ...looking to buy a Warn plow but really liking the KFI mounting plate and the only thing stopping me is the mounting plate on the WARN..I hear it's a 4 hr job !
I have the kfi winch mount high will it be easier for me to mount the Warn plate considering i have the winch mounted high or is it going to be a 4 hr job just to mount ..
It did not take me 4 hours. I’m not much of a mechanic, and it took me about 30 minutes, with a little help from my son. It’s not bad at all.

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500

I too have the KFI winch mount, and I went with the KFI plow setup. I liked the front mount for the plow, and it allows me to raise it high enough to get it on my trailer that has side rails. Be glad to supply pics if you need.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Job completed - ready for snow!
Took some time because the Warn instructions are terrible and there are no YouTube videos for this installation (I should have done one!). It just took a little looking at the diagram and then looking at the parts. Seems solid and well-built - we’ll see when the snow flies!

FC541810 FE5A 45AB 9AEC 2FD707E12B96 C5C5A5FC C7D1 4276 8929 CA80D567EEC3 ED61B89D 1E84 4288 9A2F 6BE4545E77E9

C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone have trouble with the wench switch,will go up and down with plow and every now and then will have to double push it to go up

F

Fishin_Chip

It took me about 2 hours (by myself) to install the front mount, swap the plow blade from the atv push tube to the p500 push tube, and install the plow. Overall, not particularly challenging, and I was not rushing.

The 60” county plow is a good match for the p500, though I’m pretty sure it would easily handle the 66”, if I could get my hands on one.

Cheers!

Chip

Reactions: bms

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!