P500 Weight

C

Chadmwallis

Apr 15, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
Does a lot of weight greatly effect the performance of the P5. As in passenger and a few hundred pounds on back.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Can't say I've noticed any difference. We carry a pretty good load with guns, ammo, benches and shooting gear when out for Pdogs.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Does a lot of weight greatly effect the performance of the P5. As in passenger and a few hundred pounds on back.

According to the specifications, it shouldn't be a problem. It is only 500cc & ~1100 lbs empty so I wouldn't expect too much fully loaded.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Stick to honda...guidelines
...you'll be fine...
DUDE...IT'S A GOAT
Images 1

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a large toolbox full of crap on the back of mine. Don't know how much more weight I've added with accessories and mods. Two people and pulling a trailer with even more gear, took it down some tight quad trails, uneven hill climbs and mud holes. Hardly knew it was back there, except in the mud holes, trailer didn't have enough ground clearance. Load it up!

D

Deleted member 3748

You won't notice it at all if you have upgraded to the turbo diesel engine . If not your 28.7 hp will cry like a baby .
I certainly noticed when I towed my boat and when I hauled 2 yards of dirt in my trailer.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I really notice a difference in handling when my friend is riding shotgun. He's about 250 pounds tho. I pull a 5-1/2x10 trailer around the back roads all the time and it doesn't seem to bother the machine. One thing I do notice is the braking performance. If u have over 1000 pounds behind you and are trying to stop when going downhill, you will definitely notice the weight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!