P500 Recovery strap and ratchet strap weight ratings?

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
On a bit of a shopping spree getting a bunch of stuff to keep in my P5 rack box and had some questions regarding weight ratings and what I should be looking for:
1) Recovery/snatch rope for being pulled out after getting stuck- what should I be looking for as far as weight rating to make sure it won’t break but not be too overkill?
2) Ratchet straps for securing the P5 in my trailer for hauling- Again, what load rating do I need if using 2 to 4 straps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On a bit of a shopping spree getting a bunch of stuff to keep in my P5 rack box and had some questions regarding weight ratings and what I should be looking for:
1) Recovery/snatch rope for being pulled out after getting stuck- what should I be looking for as far as weight rating to make sure it won’t break but not be too overkill?
2) Ratchet straps for securing the P5 in my trailer for hauling- Again, what load rating do I need if using 2 to 4 straps?

20,000 lb tow strap minimum
1500-2000 lb ratchet strap

Reactions: Twangin and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I use a pair of the 4000lb retractable ratchet tie downs to secure mine IMG 7806 they work great !

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Good ideas so far y’all! I don’t know how I have never seen the retractable ratchet tie-downs.. those look like they’d work great!

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!