P1000 Well... I may be jumpin ship..

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
except the new the ski boat I have been eyeing Yamaha 242 (ease of maintenance lol). Good luck with whatever you chose, at least it's fun shopping lol.
I have an 07 Yamaha AR230, for a boat it has been about as trouble-free as you can get. No winterizing and it just keeps going strong. I've had it for about 8 yrs... I looked at the new ones at the Nashville Boat Show last weekend. Those things are nice but WOW have they gone up in price!

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm looking at an xds or an xrc in the near future. I'm also tired of waiting on Honda. I feel that if they do offer a sport it will be like the Arctic Cat, slow and behind the curve. Just like another stated, if your going to jump into the sport world you better have some power. The next issue I have with Honda is the DCT. They need to find a way to disengage the clutch when the machine is rolling backwards. If they don't do that, it will never sell for us hill climbers.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There is a americas motorsports down the road from me I never get a good vibe when I go in there and they never have parts I need. They love to push polaris and can am and don't care anything about selling hondas nor do they care to learn anything about them.
Every dealer we have around is a multi dealer and they only care about selling Polaris. You’ll show up outside and every model is displayed on rocks or cool displays. You have to walk through the Polaris’s and Can Ams to the back of the stores to find Honda or Yamaha.
They sell you what brings them the most money. First on sales (They don’t get the dealer incentives or rebates on Honda) Second on accessories (Honda owners don’t generally accessorize as much or have the choices) Third service dept is never stacked because of the Jap brands. Forth is parts department sales (notice how they seldom have Honda Yami parts but they’ll have 10 of everything Polaris related) and fifth they look at repeated sales most jap bike owners don’t have serious problems and a longer product life.
It makes sense to sell a product for continued revenue, it’s the American way. Why sell a cure for cancer when you can sell a lifetime supply of god awfully expensive pills.

D

Deleted member 3748

Hey @strongbuilt , I'll likely be adding a Can Am to my garage this spring. Keeping the P500 though. I belong to a Sea-Doo group and I made this graphic for the people there. Feel free to use it!

Braaap

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Every dealer we have around is a multi dealer and they only care about selling Polaris. You’ll show up outside and every model is displayed on rocks or cool displays. You have to walk through the Polaris’s and Can Ams to the back of the stores to find Honda or Yamaha.
They sell you what brings them the most money. First on sales (They don’t get the dealer incentives or rebates on Honda) Second on accessories (Honda owners don’t generally accessorize as much or have the choices) Third service dept is never stacked because of the Jap brands. Forth is parts department sales (notice how they seldom have Honda Yami parts but they’ll have 10 of everything Polaris related) and fifth they look at repeated sales most jap bike owners don’t have serious problems and a longer product life.
It makes sense to sell a product for continued revenue, it’s the American way. Why sell a cure for cancer when you can sell a lifetime supply of god awfully expensive pills.
Yep you nailed it and I can see why they do it. Those other brands are lining their pockets! Don't hate the player hate the game! Lol

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an 07 Yamaha AR230, for a boat it has been about as trouble-free as you can get. No winterizing and it just keeps going strong. I've had it for about 8 yrs... I looked at the new ones at the Nashville Boat Show last weekend. Those things are nice but WOW have they gone up in price!

Had a Regal 2200 for awhile, great boat, great quality. No issues loved the boat. Bought a little flat bottom jet boat and decided I wanted jet drives, no winterization, no lower unit service, and now with Yamaha's articulating keel it tracks pretty straight at a slow speed, just wish jet boats got better fuel economy but then again not buying one for fuel economy lol

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Had a Regal 2200 for awhile, great boat, great quality. No issues loved the boat. Bought a little flat bottom jet boat and decided I wanted jet drives, no winterization, no lower unit service, and now with Yamaha's articulating keel it tracks pretty straight at a slow speed, just wish jet boats got better fuel economy but then again not buying one for fuel economy lol
Yeah the new ones are supposed to handle better. Honestly mine isn't that bad once you get the hang of it. I can control it as good or better than someone with a stern drive. You are right the fuel economy isn't great but oh well. The reliability and ease of maintenance is definitely worth the trade off.

D

Deleted member 3748

Why doesn't it have to be winterized? I have a 2000 Sea Doo Sportster (2-stroke) and a 2007 Sea Doo Challenger, both are jet boats and both have to be winterized. I love jet drives, you just have to learn how to drive lightly at low speed.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Why doesn't it have to be winterized? I have a 2000 Sea Doo Sportster (2-stroke) and a 2007 Sea Doo Challenger, both are jet boats and both have to be winterized. I love jet drives, you just have to learn how to drive lightly at low speed.
I keep mine on a Hydrohoist Lift. At the end of the season I lift it, start the motor and rev it a few times until water stops coming out. I'm assuming the Sea Doo must keep water somewhere in it.
All I do with my AR230 is pour a bottle of stabil in it before winter, and change the oil every spring. Besides that and the occasional rag wipe down that's it. Easily the lowest maintenance boat I've ever owned.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
That may be true, but can you put a 45 gal. spray rig or pull your 18ft car hauler trailer with that!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p
Yes and yes actually and if need be i can run back and get more water faster too :) i have buddys that use there 1ks to tow their jet ski to the lake and back.

advertisement
J

JTW

I always ran some antifreeze through the jetskis just to be safe. Never used stabile or anything in the heads.. just some conventional non ethanol gas with a little Startron or quicksilver fuel treatment. Disconnect the battery and cover it up.

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone of you are saying the exact same thing as me. I will have owned, bragged, loved, jumped, raced buddies, for 2 years (march 3rd) in this thing. I love some things about it more than others for sure! I love the option to go hunt add people on the way and watch their faces light up when I explain how freaking much I love it, everyone loves it, I have sold 4 for my local Honda shop cause of people who love mine so much. Love the whole working dump bed option or seats, this changed the game for me. My 2 little girls love it back there, not to mention I try to hunt my ass off every chance I get. Sport Shifting has been very awesome in most situations, really like how it responds with paddle shifters also! Have spent about as much time cleaning it as riding, its only at 1,000 miles.
I also don't know where to go.. Yeah the X3 is sick! I have rented one and the "myth" that you cant see out of them is a real thing.. Sucked man, I am 6'3" I was fine. My wife is 5' 1" not so good for her. Not to mention they feel like a limousine in length... Serious doubts that is what I will get. Especially at $29,999 before taxes and accessories. X3 is out for me.
The one thing that may get me, I will rent one before I buy one, Sorry to use this name.. Its the 2018 Fox Edition Razor turbo 1000. Rides second to none, engine way back and the availability of accessories is endless. The seats all adjust for comfort of each rider, plus the bucket style seats have been re-engineered. I don't know if they have out what I WANT yet.....

I own both! 2016 Honda P5 1000 and a 2017 Rzr Turbo. I originally bought into the sport-utility idea but failed to enjoy the sport side of the Honda. The ride was just too rough and you really couldn’t steer with the rear wheels. For me I had to have both sport and utility so I have two machines. The Honda is great for cruising around town and in tight woods but the Rzr is a blast on the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!